Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Nothing to do with us, but on the back of them being Stagged yesterday, any bets that he might end up at the Scumhut next season again?

Sheffield Wednesday have completed the loan signing of Aiden McGeady until the end of the season.
Edited by der Berliner

The important measure is value for that money....and not getting into a stupid bragging war about 'we spent XM' or being pushed down the 'but we haven't spent XXM that was promised'.

I don't think I've seen a better immediate return on money spent on various players during the decades I've supported the club.

there is important aspects in having the ability to operate in differing levels of expenditure also

If players can be found for cheap that will garner higher fees later on that attract crowds, raise season ticket and commercial incomes while achieving the competitive results that will be demanded then superb. I doubt personally that our current level of expenditure would bring those needed results. I think things will take a big step up next year in initial out lay but will still represent great value in the longer term

there is important aspects in having the ability to operate in differing levels of expenditure also

If players can be found for cheap that will garner higher fees later on that attract crowds, raise season ticket and commercial incomes while achieving the competitive results that will be demanded then superb. I doubt personally that our current level of expenditure would bring those needed results. I think things will take a big step up next year in initial out lay but will still represent great value in the longer term

IMHO, the value of the players doesn't dictate the level of other income 0 it's how they perform on the park. So far this season, the product on the park has been very much improved over recent years. This in itself brings punters/money back into the club - folk happy to pay to be entertained again.

Bringing in a high value player will peak interest initially, but will not keep the punters coming through the turnstyles over an extended period.

IMHO, the value of the players doesn't dictate the level of other income 0 it's how they perform on the park. So far this season, the product on the park has been very much improved over recent years. This in itself brings punters/money back into the club - folk happy to pay to be entertained again.

Bringing in a high value player will peak interest initially, but will not keep the punters coming through the turnstyles over an extended period.

fair enough mate personally I think value and product are intricately linked.

First and foremost you have to work within budget so it is I think fair to assume that we won't be throwing millions at transfer fees (and relatively high wages) anytime soon. Priority is remain solvent and not add in a significant way to cashflow issues.

The reason the board brought in MW&Co and his way of operating was that it was a good fit for the then circumstances and the vision looking forward. MW views the footballing infrastructure as being geared towards adding value from various angles to what comes down to football players performing on the pitch in a blue shirt.

I believe that THE most important thing at Ibrox at the moment is getting the FOOTBALLING INFRASTRUCTURE right and cementing it's foundations for continued use as various individuals come and go. We need to consistently develop and add value to players, improve them, have them collectively perform and get results.

If you can do something along those lines it also means you have to spend less money on transfer fees.

There are various other ways of getting players.... Bosmans, Frees, Loans, Development being some of those and in the next few years,....we're going to have to make good use of them.

The club could do with communicating with the support so as to prevent or at least mitigate the media pantomine about what we should and shouldn't be spending in future transfer windows..

Edited by buster.

First and foremost you have to work within budget so it is I think fair to assume that we won't be throwing millions at transfer fees (and relatively high wages) anytime soon. Priority is remain solvent and not add in a significant way to cashflow issues.

The reason the board brought in MW&Co and his way of operating was that it was a good fit for the then circumstances and the vision looking forward. MW views the footballing infrastructure as being geared towards adding value from various angles to what comes down to football players performing on the pitch in a blue shirt.

I believe that THE most important thing at Ibrox at the moment is getting the FOOTBALLING INFRASTRUCTURE right and cementing it's foundations for continued use as various individuals come and go. We need to consistently develop and add value to players, improve them, have them collectively perform and get results.

If you can do something along those lines it also means you have to spend less money on transfer fees.

There are various other ways of getting players.... Bosmans, Frees, Loans, Development being some of those and in the next few years,....we're going to have to make good use of them.

The club could do with communicating with the support so as to prevent or at least mitigate the media pantomine about what we should and shouldn't be spending in future transfer windows..

The budget we will work within will be estimated over the short to mid term not to work within our reduced revenues as they are. It will be calculated on what they will be as a result of regaining position within our market that resembles our stature. They will spend what they imagine necessary to cement euro money within 4 years. Value will always be sought but value does not determine a limit to initial out lay. If a player we want is on a bosman then we will go for him but if a player we want costs a fee that still represents value for money then we will go for him also.

value has nothing to do with low expenditure.

Everything you say on infrastructure is spot on