Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

I'd doubt very much if we'd get anywhere near £5m profit(not sales) from merchandise even with Ashley gone. I'd say £1m-2m max.

You need to forget we get peanuts from puma & 32 Red compared to the yahoos who get probably £6m-£10m from NB & Magners. That's where we're losing out just now

Yet interestingly enough you were implying in your initial response that Ashley wasn't costing us anything. I am sure you will say you did no such thing, but it was easy for anyone to come to that conclusion.

I'd doubt very much if we'd get anywhere near £5m profit(not sales) from merchandise even with Ashley gone. I'd say £1m-2m max.

You need to forget we get peanuts from puma & 32 Red compared to the yahoos who get probably £6m-£10m from NB & Magners. That's where we're losing out just now

We used to now we don't. You pic a figure between the 160k we now get and the 5 million we used to or the 6 celtc make and run with it.

It won't make good reading regardless of the figure you pick.

I also doubt we'd make as much as £5m from retail. The JJB deal was a good one and Celtic had to reclassify income to hide the fact that they were not getting as much as us.

We got £2m profit in 2006 and £3.7m in 2004, but I don't believe that the retail market is as buoyant now and there are lower margins. 'm excluding sponsorship in these figures.

I don't see £2m as being unreasonable, and we could be making that if Ashley was to adopt a reasonable approach instead of being stubborn which is costing both sides a lot of money.

The £2m as a dividend from RR and not from Rangers running their own retail?

Why would want to know about this crap? It's on sky we don't need to know on here who they've signed...

Because it is relevant to us next season. Like it or not, our challenge will be to overtake them so this 18 month loan deal is relevant to us. And it may have been on Sky for you but there are no TVs where I work and I would have thought I was unlikely to be alone in that regard.

The relevance I refer to are constant expectations on various threads of where people seeing us being in a year's time/think we should be now. There's been talk of players and tactics not being suitable for European games, for example. There's been talk of various SPL teams being "pish". While the latter comment is true and the former may be (probably is) there's an assumption we are going to sail through the ascent to our rightful place at the top of the tree. I think we should sometimes put that task in perspective, the tree is atop a mountain that we were very recently at the foot of.

The climbing should have been piss easy until near the summit - but wasn't, alas - we should have spent years preparing for the final push properly but only started to this season. So I think it instructive at times to keep an eye on the climb ahead.

Edited by SteveC

Be glad when 12.00 midnight comes and all speculation is over in saying that would we have got O'Halleron if St.Johnstone had made league cup final,suddenly our cash was good enough!!!

Warburton just said in that interview we are in no more discussions in or out so that is 12.00 for us.

Unless there really is a last minute surprise bid for one of our players.