Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

The budget we will work within will be estimated over the short to mid term not to work within our reduced revenues as they are. It will be calculated on what they will be as a result of regaining position within our market that resembles our stature. They will spend what they imagine necessary to cement euro money within 4 years. Value will always be sought but value does not determine a limit to initial out lay. If a player we want is on a bosman then we will go for him but if a player we want costs a fee that still represents value for money then we will go for him also.

value has nothing to do with low expenditure.

Everything you say on infrastructure is spot on

I understand what you are saying and to a degree I'd agree but I'm not so sure 'our market' will be the same as before and certainly hope & expect that our business model will be very different. The Champions League format is up for discussion with the bigger clubs looking for change that suits their interests, would probably see smaller leagues and most of their clubs being further marginalised. As clubs Rangers and Celtic (probably together) need to be lobbying as hard as they can to prevent ending up too far down the European financial pecking order regards competition revenue.

We aren't going to reach the levels we want by spending mucho on transfer fees and high wages, IMO it's going to have to be the 'other way'. This would present many challenges and questions in an uncertain future, not least dealing with fan expectation and maintaining/increasing revenue.

£2m p.a, £4m p.a & NOW £5m p.a ???????

Note that I said AT LEAST 2 million.

It is without question that Ashley is costing us AT LEAST that given the merchandising deals. Could it be as much as gs's 5 million ? Sure it can.

Much like your continued conspiracy theories about Reid & Magnusson being the pivots behind our collapse we obviously cant confirm for sure that it is as much as 5 million. But the 2 million is pretty much a stick on as a bare minimum.

Either way it makes little difference, the reality is that we have been much poorer since Ashley became involved with us and as gisabeer says, the quicker we are shot the better.