Rangers could face punishment over sectarian chanting

I am one who remains convinced that Rangers motto was indeed Aye Ready. I remember badges with that in my youth.

Robert McElroy clarified this on another website. Rangers’ motto has officially been ‘Ready’ now for over 40 years. Originally the Rangers motto was ‘Aye Work Awa’ which was then changed to ‘Ready, Aye Ready’, subsequently shortened to ‘Aye Ready’ and finally in 1966 to ‘Ready’. The change in 1966 was explained as being a modernising move, but in fact it was so that the crest could be legally incorporated.

http://www.scottishleague.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1004

I didn't need Robert to verify it cos us older fans knew it said "aye ready" put the fishing rods away lads lol...

For as long as Celtc supporters seem able to sing IRA songs without fear of reprisal there will always be an element of our support who will continue to sing our so-called 'banned' songs

And the authorities will continue to fine us. Just cut out the add ons and going on about what other teams sing cos it's us that's going to get done all the time, doesn't anyone else notice this?

And the authorities will continue to fine us. Just cut out the add ons and going on about what other teams sing cos it's us that's going to get done all the time, doesn't anyone else notice this?

They'll soon move on from fining to docking points, another thing that seems to be being wilfully not noticed

So is it fair we get into trouble whilst other clubs supporters similar actions get overlooked?

Is that what this country has become 2016?

When our new board got in last year I wanted a strong CEO/MD appointed who would confront the Scottish football authorities and the Holyrood buffoons on these sort of issues whereby we get singled out & others don't. That didn't happen hence those with their anti-Rangers agenda are still up to their old tricks

So is it fair we get into trouble whilst other clubs supporters similar actions get overlooked?

Is that what this country has become 2016?

When our new board got in last year I wanted a strong CEO/MD appointed who would confront the Scottish football authorities and the Holyrood buffoons on these sort of issues whereby we get singled out & others don't. That didn't happen hence those with their anti-Rangers agenda are still up to their old tricks

I would say that thisis indeed what has become of Scotland. I would dispute the date, though - it has been that way for years, it is not just a 2016 thing.

They'll soon move on from fining to docking points, another thing that seems to be being wilfully not noticed

I know Stevie and we'll only have ourselves to blame. Change the words cos the jungles will still know we're singing about them lol