Rangers could face punishment over sectarian chanting

I'm sorry you took that wee tounge in cheek seriously Scott it wasn't meant but I stand by seeing "aye ready" so instead of me proving it (I'm hopeless on phones) prove me and others on here who said IT was "aye ready," wrong.

I apologise Bruno. The levity totally bypassed me. :redface: To the subject though mate, there are many thousands of Rangers fans who swear they saw "Aye Ready" on the stand crests. Not one has ever been able to show a photograph. As said, I thought that was on the crest until my dad told me to look at it in the early 60's. Some fans even come up with the fantastic theory that it got changed at some point in the early 60's and then changed back later. The date of the second change differs depending who you talk to though.

I've forgot more about rangers than what you and boabie know Scott7 lol...

A light-hearted respnse from you, Bruno. I didn't think it was anything other than that. And, who knows? You could be right.

Going back to the OP, has the SPFL received the match delegate's report from the hibz game yet?

If not it's taking a while is it not? Perhaps the carrier pigeon got lost ?

.......or maybe the Mhedia were stirring things up as usual ?

From our wee pal on BBC webite

Rangers v Hibernian: SPFL to discuss sectarian chants

By Chris McLaughlin

BBC Sport

Sectarian singing heard during Rangers' match against Hibernian at Ibrox is to be discussed by the Scottish Professional Football League board.

Chanting from sections of the home support made up part of the league delegate's report from the Scottish Championship game on 28 December.

And the matter will be discussed at a meeting on 19 January.

However, the BBC understands it is unlikely that action will be taken because of current league rules.

Sectarian singing has featured in a number of domestic delegate reports in recent years.

But the club has provided the league with evidence that they were doing everything in their power to prevent such behaviour.

Rangers have also been fined by European governing body Uefa relating to offensive chanting in European matches.

It has led to calls for a rule change within the Scottish game in a bid to tackle the problem.

Following the match against Hibs, which Rangers won 4-2, the Glasgow club issued a website statement condemning fans who took part in what they described as "inappropriate singing".

Rangers stressed it was a minority of fans involved and said would assist Police Scotland in identifying the culprits.

Uefa fined Rangers in 2006 and ordered the club to make a public announcement at each of their home games pointing out that the chanting of the Billy Boys was banned after it was heard during a Champions League match against Villarreal.

Edited by BEARGER

If people are wanting to sing a different version of the Billy Boys then they really have to enter dialogue with the supporters groups and then the club. The club can then get permission from the authorities. We would really need to self police for a while to make sure the old words aren't being used. After a length of time the old version would be forgotten and new generations would grow up with the new version.

If people are wanting to sing a different version of the Billy Boys then they really have to enter dialogue with the supporters groups and then the club. The club can then get permission from the authorities. We would really need to self police for a while to make sure the old words aren't being used. After a length of time the old version would be forgotten and new generations would grow up with the new version.

the club don't need any permission from the "authorities". The only place the Billy Boys is banned is Uefa games. Don't sing the line we all know will be a problem.....and there's NO problem !

Chris McLaughlin in full Rangers hating mode a few minutes ago on BBC Scotland news. It's unlikely the SPFL can do anything simply because they've let Rangers away with it a few times before is the line being spun. They even went back to UEFA fining us for the Osusuna match years ago. Nil By Mouth crawled out from under their rock to say they are still waiting to hear from the SPFL about the complaint Rangers faced last year.

Anyone just landing would think there is a possibility of a concerted campaign being mounted here. :applepine: