The 4th Gersnet Dinner on 30 January 2016: Featuring Willie Johnston & Colin Stein

Great night and we had a great time . Well done Alan.

Glad you managed to find the venue EVENTUALLY.

I won't tell anyone you went via Cessnock. :facepalm:

No doubt Alison has made you pay the price for the tour of Paisley Rd West and surrounds. :D

Hope you got the 9.55pm train home or you WOULD have been in deep trouble.

Emails reproduced by kind permission of Mo Ali.

Morning Alan,

Hope you are well. Thanks so much for organizing such a wonderful evening. My friends and I all had a great time as I am sure everyone did. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Speak to you soon. Cheers mate.

Morning Mo

I am glad that we were able to accommodate your party and that everyone enjoyed yourselves.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I was like a schoolgirl groupie meeting my heroes.Willie J , Colin and Dave Smith gave me so much entertainment when I was growing up and I gushed over them thanking them profusely for that. I explained to my wife that it would be like meeting Neil Armstrong which made her come along. Of course it was much more important than moon landings. I got selfies with with Colin and Willie though my wife took the pics.

I met Forlan's sister and Mo Ali as well as Allan Hemdani.

Hopefully I was kept in control by my mate ( who was responsible for us missing the last one one due to Mozart's requiem ) and the wife when I swallied a few bottles of wine.

I was like a schoolgirl groupie meeting my heroes.Willie J , Colin and Dave Smith gave me so much entertainment when I was growing up and I gushed over them thanking them profusely for that. I explained to my wife that it would be like meeting Neil Armstrong which made her come along. Of course it was much more important than moon landings. I got selfies with with Colin and Willie though my wife took the pics.

I met Forlan's sister and Mo Ali as well as Allan Hemdani.

Hopefully I was kept in control by my mate ( who was responsible for us missing the last one one due to Mozart's requiem ) and the wife when I swallied a few bottles of wine.

You were very well behaved CS which is more than can be said for your viciferous pal, Alex :D

Meeting Colin & Willie being like meeting Neil Armstrong but more important than moon landings, what a turn of phrase you have. Reminiscent of Bill Shankly's famous quote about football not being a matter of life and death...........

Glad you enjoyed the night.

Yep, this really was a fantastic evening and thanks to Alan and Sanjay for their excellent efforts.

Food, company and special guests were all superb and thanks to all those who attended and enjoyed themselves.