Celtic fans let off flares at Stranraer

The Griffiths attack again on youtube. Words fail me twice. First for the atack, and second for it being overlooked by ref and media ...

It's a yellow card nothing more; can't see what it has to do with the OP or why we are debating that on here anyway.

They can stick flares up their dark places for all I care.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

It's a yellow card nothing more; can't see what it has to do with the OP or why we are debating that on here anyway.

What he did could cause a concussion.

Are you telling me 'violent conduct' is only worth a yellow?

So he gets a yellow card and then another for deliberately diving into the visiting fans after scoring. Why was he still on the pitch at the end of the game ?

The Griffiths attack again on youtube. Words fail me twice. First for the atack, and second for it being overlooked by ref and media ...

could have resulted in a serious neck injury he must get suspended

I honestly can't fathom how you see that as merely a yellow card. Griffiths quite clearly slams the Stranraer player's head into the ground. He has lifted his hands to the guy - that is a red card in the rulebook surely ?

If they were both standing and he pushed the guy in the head I have little doubt he would have seen red, had the ref seen it.

Retroactive punishment should be taken.

As an aside, I really am not looking forward to having to play this shower next season - both on and off the field they have sunk to incredible depths since we vacated the top tier. I would rather not have to play them, but we cant do much about that I guess.

I noted that on both Scottish news programmes tonight the line being pushed now is that "Scottish football" has a problem. Which is probably what I expected to happen. Serial fighting, causing damage, throwing flares and sectarian singing by the hoopy horrors and now it is "Scottish football" that has a problem. They even managed to wheel out some dumpling from Nil By Mouth while slipping in a couple of photos of Rangers fans. Naturally he made no mention of the mob causing the problem.

We're stuck with them forever...what a thought when you think what's been going on since our absence.

It shouldn't take that long though to 'put them back in their place' and the element who attach themselves to that club disappear like snow aff a dyke.

It's a power thing with those types....an ego thing targeting all good things in society.

Edited by Bearman