Rangers FC has withdrawn £40,000 worth of advertising revenue from The Herald

I have asked her, she sticks by her story. Says it not a Rangers fan only problem but men in general.

Sorry some of you are getting offended by the story but the experience she recounts is one many girls & women do face. It sucks that it is Rangers fans called in to question but groping/assault is a wider issue and I think it is wrong to assume she is a liar just because you don't like the fact it is pointed at a certain group of individuals.

That aside, newspaper advertising is still expensive but it may also include advertising on S1 jobs etc.

Sorry some of you are getting offended by the story but the experience she recounts is one many girls & women do face. It sucks that it is Rangers fans called in to question but groping/assault is a wider issue and I think it is wrong to assume she is a liar just because you don't like the fact it is pointed at a certain group of individuals.

That aside, newspaper advertising is still expensive but it may also include advertising on S1 jobs etc.

I've been going to games since 1971 and never been groped or assaulted in all that time. I know lots of other female supporters who are the same.

I think it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the lady's story is true but something that happened 30-40 years ago is hardly relevant today. As such, while sexual assault is something we should all take seriously and not be afraid to discuss, it's a bit of a stretch to bring Rangers into the subject.

That's the point of the criticism.

I think it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the lady's story is true but something that happened 30-40 years ago is hardly relevant today. As such, while sexual assault is something we should all take seriously and not be afraid to discuss, it's a bit of a stretch to bring Rangers into the subject.

So she should not mention where it happened, what the situation was? I'm disappointed that people will happily call someone a liar because it's uncomfortable. I wonder if it had been written this had happened on the way to another clubs match, if some people would be all over it.

So she should not mention where it happened, what the situation was? I'm disappointed that people will happily call someone a liar because it's uncomfortable. I wonder if it had been written this had happened on the way to another clubs match, if some people would be all over it.

I'm not saying she's a liar.

I'm just saying I'm not sure how relevant her experience at a football match 40 years ago is to something happening in a foreign country today. Doesn't matter if it occurred at Ibrox, Celtic Park or any other football stadium. To me it just seemed contrived - true or not.

She's used the example of her youth at the football to tie in the shocking events in Koln with something more relevant to men in Scotland, to hopefully get people thinking on the subject.

As someone who all too often stretches allusions way beyond their breaking point in ham fisted attempts to come across as all wordy, I don't think she's done anything wrong.

She's used the example of her youth at the football to tie in the shocking events in Koln with something more relevant to men in Scotland, to hopefully get people thinking on the subject.

As someone who all too often stretches allusions way beyond their breaking point in ham fisted attempts to come across as all wordy, I don't think she's done anything wrong.

Like I say, I'm not convinced the two issues are all that similar given the time gap and contexts.

Perhaps if she kept her story more general then her point may not have been lost in this understandable sea of umbrage.

I've been going to games since 1971 and never been groped or assaulted in all that time. I know lots of other female supporters who are the same.

I did not say I didn't believe her. I have seen on one occasion a girl assaulted at a game, way back in 60's.