Chris McLaughlin's lack of balance apparent again

I don't think Chris is a bigot - he's just like a few key BBC Scotland employees in that he appears to put his dislike for Rangers (or fondness for other teams) above that of his coverage.

Banning journalists is always a tricky strategy but I'm not sure what else the club can do when they are continually and so obviously subject to imbalanced treatment. I remember several years ago many bears were scoffed at for suggesting as much but the issue prevails and more and more fans now appreciate the problem.

Unfortunately a genuine solution seems further away than ever.

I don't think Chris is a bigot - he's just like a few key BBC Scotland employees in that he appears to put his dislike for Rangers (or fondness for other teams) above that of his coverage.

Banning journalists is always a tricky strategy but I'm not sure what else the club can do when they are continually and so obviously subject to imbalanced treatment. I remember several years ago many bears were scoffed at for suggesting as much but the issue prevails and more and more fans now appreciate the problem.

Unfortunately a genuine solution seems further away than ever.

I think you will find that is the definition of a bigot in a nutshell Frankie.

I disagree with banning journalists. The moment we -- or anyone -- starts banning the press, it is a very slippery slope. I firmly believe in the freedom of the press.

However, as the prejudice in this guy's coverage is clear, I don't see why we can't just fight back in the same way. Pull him up on it. Rangers should release statements detailing where he is wrong and why/where they believe he is distorting the truth. I'm not sure how effective it would be, but surely it is better than banning the press.

I disagree with banning journalists. The moment we -- or anyone -- starts banning the press, it is a very slippery slope. I firmly believe in the freedom of the press.

However, as the prejudice in this guy's coverage is clear, I don't see why we can't just fight back in the same way. Pull him up on it. Rangers should release statements detailing where he is wrong and why/where they believe he is distorting the truth. I'm not sure how effective it would be, but surely it is better than banning the press.

I think the club want to avoid constant negative statements but it's certainly a more pro-active strategy for me as the media tend to close ranks.

Banning folk arguably results in a vicious circle but there's not a lot of different strategies available.

Edited by Frankie

Agreed.

If you are getting banned you should be told in no uncertain terms why you are being banned

Rangers should be above having to react every time someone writes or posts something about us. You would have the likes of Spiers doing it on a daily basis just so he could get a reaction.

Also there's loads who will hear the original statement and believe it but will not hear any rebuttal.

We are not banning the press. We are banning one consistently prejudiced journalist out of how many?

There have been statements in the past, there have been meetings with the club and with fans and there have been protests but BBC Scotland continue to fail to acknowledge there is an issue. There's the well-publicised definition of insanity. The only way to stop guys like him is to ban him and if a consequence is that BBC Scotland throw their toys out the pram again then fine.