SPFL statement: Motherwell FC (Fir Park trouble v Rangers)

Should we await the outcry from the usual suspects on all matters relating to supporter trouble (when Rangers related), or shoundn't we hold our breath?

This is a time for action, crivens what becomes of society if PC Murdoch's SWAT Team are not awarded the appropriate powers to deal with infiltrators?

I have penned a stiff letter to the Editor of the Peoples Friend demanding a strong Editorial. I have also requested more emphasis on knitting patterns and asked if they will publish a photie of Jimmy Shand's cock. Holyrood should provide a motion to protect the stoolmen.

I may be wrong but I believe this is the first time a Club has been charged let alone found guilty of breaches of the "unacceptable conduct" rules so it has to be seen as a step forward.

The argument on the 18 month deferral will be that the intention is to ensure that Motherwell take the appropriate action in future rather than penalising them on this occasion. (I'm not saying I agree with that; I think a mixture of punishment and corrective action might have been more appropriate.)

Hitherto Clubs have always been able to rely on the "reasonably practicable" defence and the fact that Motherwell failed that test in several areas is surprising but it may also indicate that a higher standard of test is now being applied.

However, the only real solution is the imposition of strict liability which would force Clubs to accept their responsibilities in this area or face much more stringent penalties.

Does this have anything to do with Celtic fans causing trouble in Airdrie on Sunday?

what trouble was this?

they were fighting among themselves up at pittodrie and there was an incident involving thumheid squaring up to fans outside the ground.