Expect nothing less from a Sheep Shagger

but why should you be so offended?

I am not, but a non presbyterian, non unionist, non tory and non loyalist Rangers fan, and there are many, sure as hell wouldn't want to be....

Cammy F

As I said Calscot, you have a particularly negative view of the vast majority of Rangers supporters. I urge you to get back to Ibrox and dispell these notions that you have of us.

Cammy F

Is that why I think that most Rangers fans are not really sectarian? I think some buy all the anti-Fenian/Catholic and FTP, stuff as they think that makes them a better Rangers fan which makes them belong more to the "in-group" as they are against the "out-group".

For the same reason they become pro-royal family, union and protestant faith.

I think deep down most of them don't care one way or the other about most of it but they like football, like being a football fan and like to belong.

I think that if we can dissociate the religious and political aspects from the football club, all you will have left is football rivalry - which will probably be just as nasty and violent but is less likely to spread into other parts of peoples lives.

And we will no longer be called sectarian or be threatened with bans from Europe.

But I think this is just a pipe dream.

But I've a feeling you'll probably disagree with every word I say...

I am not, but a non presbyterian, non unionist, non tory and non loyalist Rangers fan, and there are many, sure as hell wouldn't want to be....

Cammy F

And they weren't attributed with the role model in my post...

But I've a feeling you'll probably disagree with every word I say...

What a loaded question - how can I really disagree? After all, I want us to be singing bigoted songs, wanting us to be thrown out of Europe, thats what I've been saying all along :rolleyes:

I don't think UEFA have a problem with 'political' and 'culturial' songs anyway, as there as sung at Italian, Spanish, Turckish grounds week in, week out....

Is that why I think that most Rangers fans are not really sectarian?

Erm, I think most Rangers fans aren't sectarian FULL STOP....

And they weren't attributed with the role model in my post...

Oh, so I was - thanks for that.....

Its funny how you are quick to admit that sections of our support are

Some people love to buy into this "in crowd" identity thing and go the whole hog with their football team and so with Rangers that seems to mean being a loyalist/royalist, anti-Catholic, anti-Irish, a unionist, a Tory voter, pretending to be a member of the orange lodge, a prod (whatever that is), an Anglophile, a Boyne celebrator, an Ulster-man, a pope fetishist, etc, etc. Oh yeah, you have to hate anything to do with Celtic with all your passion.

Yet when I claimed that sections of the Tartan Army were buying into the in-crowd by being See You Jimmy hat wearing, anglo-phobes, anti-English, anti-British, a Bannockburn celebrator etc; you were quick to attempt to shoot me down in flames - touche...

Cammy F

We're all part of one "in-group" or another to different degrees.

Some are more extreme about it than others.

Wearing a jimmy wig and kilt and getting a bit pissed doesn't sound so bad, attacking English people or anyone for that matter is right out of order.

The positive thing about the TA that part of being in the "in-group" is to be very friendly with the locals...

The positive thing about the TA that part of being in the "in-group" is to be very friendly with the locals...

AS it is with the Rangers fans - I've been all over Europe with Rangers and seen no trouble what so ever....

Cammy F

I agree it's not there but if you read my posts it's implied although here I would say the implication is that I think [most] Rangers fans that sing it generally do it to wind up the Tims rather than any great love for the Queen

Havent read the last few pages of this thread coz im at work but I agree with this point 100% for the majority of Gers fans.

1) I remember being at the league cup semi final in 1995/96 season at hampden - gers v aberdeen. I was in the section nearest the aberdeen fans and at half time both sets of fans were up against the dividing fence singing at each other. 1 gers fan turned round to us all and repeatedly shouted "lets sing Rule britannia at them because that really gets up there sheep shaggin noses"

1 gers fan turned round to us all and repeatedly shouted "lets sing Rule britannia at them because that really gets up there sheep shaggin noses

Like Colshy Gribz, you must have been rubbish at math at school. 1 fan out of what, 40,000 says this and that means the majority ..... I'm confused....

Cammy F

Like Colshy Gribz, you must have been rubbish at math at school. 1 fan out of what, 40,000 says this and that means the majority ..... I'm confused....

Cammy F

About as good as Maths as you Cammy, you were the one classing a lot of the TA in the same boat due to 1 or 2 clowns out of how many hundreds of thousands??. But it still proves Calscots point that these type of fans are out there, do you think he would be the only 1 out there who does this? Thats narrow minded to think he would be.

When you see neds with their bucky, draped in english flags, singing and making gestures its pretty obvious they are doing it to wind up opposition fans. And ive seen plenty of this at Rangers away games.

But it still proves Calscots point that these type of fans are out there, do you think he would be the only 1 out there who does this?

Where I have EVER said there isn't? That is the difference Gribz - I know Rangers have an element that we can do without, I know England have an element that they can do without and I know SCOTLAND have an element that they can do without.

The difference is, I can admit to all 3, some on here have a problem admitting that Scotland has an unsavory element within its

football supporting ranks.

When you see neds with their bucky, draped in english flags, singing and making gestures its pretty obvious they are doing it to wind up opposition fans.

Replace 'england flags' with Scotland flags and you've pretty much described the streotypical member of the tartan army.....

Cammy F