Expect nothing less from a Sheep Shagger

Calscot, where and when I sing GSTQ has fuck all to do with you if I am honest. But I'll humour you - I sing it at the BB's, I sing it at the cricket, I sing it at Last Night At The Proms, basically anywhere it is played, I'll join in. So what, I'm patriotic, if that makes me a 'nutter' in your book, no real loss to me...

Go back and reread your OWN posts, you at no point stated that your bile and gernalisation was aimed at 'sections' of the Rangers support. In fact, you clearly typed ; Rangers supporters and 'their' - so you were, IMO implying that ALL Rangers supporters.....

As for other clubs singing the national anthem. Personally, I have heard Newcastle, Leeds, Sunderland, Arsenal, Linfield and Glentorn fans join in when Rangers fans sung this (and other songs). But, hey what would I know, I was only at the games in question and heard it with my own ears. Maybe I was hearing things tho - I'll get my ears checked ASAP.

As for my hate of Craptic - big deal - here was me thinking that what a football rivalry was. However, thanks to your insight, I have ditched my Rangers scarf and season ticket and have bought a Craptic one instead :rolleyes: I will also make it my duty to pollute footballing messageboards pleading with fans to stop 'hating' their rivals and start to 'love' them.

Not that it is any of your business, I have close family and friends who are Catholic and Craptic supporters. I get on great with them believe it or not, and have had and will continue to treat them and any other Tim that is nice to me with the respect that they deserve....

As for having these same opinons if my name was Shaun O'Shaunassy from Glasgow via Dublin? Who the fuck would I know?

In fact, if you bother to read some of my old rants on the old board, or any of my articles in No1 Fanzine, you'll find that I am not one for 'running with the in-crowd'. I like to make my own mind up Calscot and I have been successful using this mantra in my life so far.

If I were to have ran with the 'in-crowd' at School whilst growing up, I certainly wouldn't have been a Rangers supporters, conservative (with a small c), a Unionist. In fact, I would probably have grown up the exact opposite.

Calscot, I may fail to measure up to your image / standard of a Scotsman and a Rangers fan, but hey, I'll not lose any sleep over it.

Maybe we can have a pint the next time your up watching The Bears and maybe then you'll understand me and my love for my country, nation and football team.

As I said above, you've done a great job of turning this thread about racist, thuggish and scumbag Scots into a personal grudge against me and other sections of the Rangers support....

Cammy F

Well said Cammy. I must be one of them big bad Rangers Fans aswell as i have just agreed with every word you have said

Lets step back here people... everyone has a point of view - the whole point of this site is to discuss and if needed argue your point - it is not a place to start getting all biscuit arsed when someone is not in full agreement - this is put to everyone - lets not get into the name calling or indeed baiting of people. That is below this site!

"Happy Fookin People" LOYAL!

Lets step back here people... everyone has a point of view - the whole point of this site is to discuss and if needed argue your point - it is not a place to start getting all biscuit arsed when someone is not in full agreement - this is put to everyone - lets not get into the name calling or indeed baiting of people. That is below this site!

"Happy Fookin People" LOYAL!

Agreed wija, I apologise for responding to Jim's post.

The main point of this thread has been lost to another England/Scotland debate.

This thread really was about the condemnation of what happened to that poor lad and the disabled guy. We have lost the focus of the thread !!

Good for Rangers in bringing the lad and his family to Ibrox for a day out - and hopefully they catch the moron that hit the lad and do a whole lot more than ban him from Ibrox for life (hopefully the bobbies can catch him and he serves time.... cretin !!)

Amen to that :)

Hey, it was all your fault you unpatriotic, republican (Scots that is) so and so..... :P

PS - was thinking about a Scottish Republic and was wondering who you would have as you 'president' Jim - surely not Joke McConnell? My choice would be Russ Abbott's 'See You Jimmy' Character :P

Cammy F

Wow, this thread has truly spawned some intelligent debate, none of which I have time to fully read before the Czech game, so I will return a little later and get my teeth into what you guys are saying.

Really like how the thread's looking though.

I've reread my posts and I explicity used phrases like "some people" and "some Rangers fans". Cammy, you're the the one who turned it personal, I even explicitly said it wasn't personal. In fact reading back, I think I was reasonably polite and made thoughtful points - maybe a bit too thought provoking for some...

All I was doing is making the point that a lot of things done by football fans are not pure of heart but because they feel part of a group and therefore want to show they are part of that group and also totally against another group.

It's a pretty basic premise which explains racism, sectarianism and all sorts of football violence and related abuse.

Quote: "The in-group-out-group bias is among the most well documented and widely observed phenomenon in the social sciences."

If you think that's rubbish then fair enough, but if anyone wants to turn it into some paranoid attack themselves then I'll leave them to it.

The posts were reasonably on topic and in direct reply to other posts.

My main point is that just because you make an unprovoked attack on a guy with a Celtic top on does not mean you hate Catholics and just because you attack a guy with an England top does not mean you hate the English. It does however pretty much mean you are a complete thug and probably hate the supporters of those teams. But immediately bringing out the racial or sectarian card is pretty much jumping to conclusions.

And just because you sing GSTQ at a football match doesn't always mean you love the royal family.

I'll deal with the Cammy's first line and then leave the rest:

Calscot, where and when I sing GSTQ has fuck all to do with you if I am honest.

So how come I didn't bring it up, you did! Also while telling me I was talking rubbish... :rolleyes:

I'm not here to get personal but you seem to always turn it that way.

Try reading them again ;

I quote

Ah, but Rangers fans don't actually sing it for any real pride in Britain reasons, do they? They only do it to get up the noses of the Tims - just like most of our repertoire...

So where is the sections, some, in there then Calscot?

I quote again ;

But let me ask you how often and where you sing these songs? Did you sing along when it was played at the BBC closedown? Would you sing them at Firhill if you just happened to support Partick Thistle instead?

If that was aimed specifically at me, then who was it aimed at? You asked ME when and where I sung GSTQ. I, rightly IMO told you it was fuck all to do with you. Where and when I chose to sing OUR national anthem is my choice. But again, I'll humour you, as well as the previous places I have mentioned, I have sung it at official royal events, olympic games and whislt being drunk

My main point is that just because you make an unprovoked attack on a guy with a Celtic top on does not mean you hate Catholics and just because you attack a guy with an England top does not mean you hate the English.

But it does when the attacker shouts, 'This is Scotland, ya English *******' whilst hitting a 7 year old kid, who is actually from New Zealand........

Cammy F

Well said Cammy. I must be one of them big bad Rangers Fans aswell as i have just agreed with every word you have said

I'm sorry but that's the second post you've made where the logic of it is completely lost on me... :confused:

I'm sorry but that's the second post you've made where the logic of it is completely lost on me... :confused:

Well there is actually no point in me speaking to you then and as far as i can see so is every word anybody else has to say. It just seems to go WHOOSH right over the top of you as much i as i can make out