Really hope we can get through this tie at first attempt but I reckon it'll be a cagey affair. This is our biggest game of the season and the guys need to prove they can step up. We should have the beating of them at Ibrox but I'd be a lot more confident with MW in our team. Miller cant afford to miss any sitters in this game I doubt. Hopefully a full house for it, unfortunately i'll have to find a pub in London to watch it (not easy with a London derby at the same time). Although it'll be tricky and Dundee have some decent players, Im proper looking forward to testing ourselves at a higher level

Wish it was the filth we were playing on Saturday instead of Dundee.

Dundee are probably more of a 'banana skin' as they have their best team in 40 years, whereas the breeze block dwellers are there for the taking.

The side they had with Ravanelli and Canniggia was an outstanding side to watch, as was the side that lost to us in the SCF. I havent seen Dundee to see if this team is their best in 40 years, but if it is better than them we will have a very difficult match on our hands.

Has McKay started for us on the RHS for any games this season? I can't recall.

I can't really see MW moving McKay to the right but I also can't see him starting with Clark, so perhaps there isn't any other option than what BH/dB are suggesting.

We did start McKay a lot on the left hand side, but he is - unless I am mistaken - a right-footed player and more often than not turns and shoots with his right foot. We did play him quite a bit on the right in days gone bye. His natural position is more that of a creative attacking midfielder, but luckily for us, he can play accross the front three. Forrester much like King is a real left-sided player though. That said, given our system, they all seem to adapt to a dynamic position and take up "free" slots if the game presents it to them. Holt, Miller, McKay and Forrester are all capable here.

While I am confident of success, what fellow posters have not mentioned is the "Rangers effect" of a team playing well above and beyond their skill levels because they are playing the biggest and most famous and feared club in the country.

Every Motherwell fan I have spoken to agrees that the two pay-off games were the best Motherwell performances in many years. Look at the results of a wee team the game after playing well against us, they invariably get pumped as they cannot reproduce that cup final attitude and level of play against other opponents.

That is the added pressure of playing for Rangers. Every opponent will remember the game for a long time, and will treat it as a cup final, with the team performance usually being one of their finest of the season. Our players always have to first win the battle against lesser opponents, then our better players can skillfully win the game.

With Dundee fielding a weakened side (SPFL Rules anybody?) against the champions in what should be a crucial game for them in their bid to finish in the top 6, which would be a huge achievement financially for them, tells you everything about where they believe the Big Game to be in their fixture list. It should be pointed out that are nowhere near safe from a play-off spot either. Despite them having little chance of winning the cup, they have prioritised this match against us over the bread and butter of league points.

I am expecting a very tough and close match, another goalless draw would not surprise me given our goals have dried up over recent weeks as we have tried to tighten our defence. We cannot continue to be as wasteful and if we can get ahead we can stay ahead. If there is a first goal, I do not think that side will lose. It could be that tight.

Really hope we can get through this tie at first attempt but I reckon it'll be a cagey affair. This is our biggest game of the season and the guys need to prove they can step up. We should have the beating of them at Ibrox but I'd be a lot more confident with MW in our team. Miller cant afford to miss any sitters in this game I doubt. Hopefully a full house for it, unfortunately i'll have to find a pub in London to watch it (not easy with a London derby at the same time). Although it'll be tricky and Dundee have some decent players, Im proper looking forward to testing ourselves at a higher level

You n the city centre tbh ? I fly to London tomorrow night for work and am going to probably hit up a wee pub that Bluedell put me onto which is a Gers pub.

Would be good to catch up for a couple of beers and watch the game if interested ?

We did start McKay a lot on the left hand side, but he is - unless I am mistaken - a right-footed player and more often than not turns and shoots with his right foot. We did play him quite a bit on the right in days gone bye. His natural position is more that of a creative attacking midfielder, but luckily for us, he can play accross the front three. Forrester much like King is a real left-sided player though. That said, given our system, they all seem to adapt to a dynamic position and take up "free" slots if the game presents it to them. Holt, Miller, McKay and Forrester are all capable here.

Yes, he is a right footed player. However, many coaches in the modern game use the "inverted winger" system. Just look at Bayern who play the right footed Ribery on the left and the left footed Robben on the right. It has become more the norm to have them play away from their natural side so as to allow them to cut inside for shooting opportunities and/or crossing an inswinger.

Is Forrester not a right footer as well as McKay?