It's fair to say the gap between the 4th side in the Premiership and the 3rd side in the Championship is an almighty zilch.

It would also be fair to say the top 3 in the Championship would be occupants of the top six in the Premiership right now at the expense of everyone except the filth the sheep and the Hearts of Midlothian.

What place will Rangers occupy one year on from today?

Welcome to the REAL two-horse title race, the traditional one instead of the 'second rate' one on offer today.

Personally i think we are now starting to see the signs of Warburton's and Weir's coaching coming through. We now look defensively reasonably secure and pretty well balanced over the whole team. Dundee will be difficult because we are going to miss probably our 3 best players going forward. I can see. Where will we be in a year? I honestly believe we will be fighting Celtic for the title.

I agree with Pete.

We're still not perfect but we have a better balance to the way we play and with the right signings could easily challenge an average Celtic team next season. It's safe to say the football we play is very good and while we're not always clinical enough with the large number of chances we create, our domination of possession makes us a very hard team to match - never mind beat.

If you were to believe so called pundits - then we face a year of mediocrity. I on the other hand don't think Warburton is the type of manager to allow that to happen.

I bet people never thought Brentford would kick on the way did when they were promoted to the championship.

I honesty think with the right signings we can win the premiership next year.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

To be brutally honest, I think top 3-4 would be good next year (based on this seasons premiership form). Celtic may be average relatively speaking, but I still think they have the luck and know-how to win these leagues, and certainly have good enough assets able to get them over the line. We are untested. To be in the mix with Hearts and Aberdeen in itself would be a big step forward IMO.

Getting up,now a formality ,was first goal.Finishing top six next season ,should do,and a top three place a bonus.Winning the Premiership next season like winning the lottery.

Plenty to look forward to.:rfcbouncy:

The Dundee game should give us a better indicator than even the Killie game did, given Dundee are top 6 and Killie struggling badly near the foot.

I disagree that our defence looks good, i still think it looks very dodgy and better opponents would punish us consistently. We need 2 good centre backs for next season. One might be enough if it is the right one to play alongside Kiernan/Wilson, but the Kiernan Wilson partnership will not win us the title next season. I am absolutely convinced of that.

Warburton will have had a clean slate to work with, a year in a lower league to bed himself in, 3 windows to mould his squad, the second biggest budget in the country, and anything less than second place next season will be an absolute failure. There is no other way to look at that. Hearts went up last year only due to our complete meltdown and are comfortable in third. I dont expect celtic to be as bad next year as their fans will flood back, they will bring in some quality and perhaps a proper manager as well. The title may be a bit beyond our young squad next year but it has absolutely got to be second place. Third/Fourth place would be a poor result but I would continue with Warbs into the following season to see if he can learn from it.

With regard to Rousseau's comment about celtic having the luck, I am frankly more paranoid about that and would say they have the SPFL directly in their pocket, along with the pressure on referees etc, is worth 10-15 points a season to them. Just because I am paranoid about this, doesnt mean I am necessarily wrong! How we deal with these bad decisions by referees, tribunals, etc next year will be interesting to see. Will we meekly accept them as we did throughout the Murray era, or will we actually have some PR people work alongside our boardroom to get some balance on these issues. I wont be holding my breath on that one.

Id expect Celtic to strengthen and probably be under new management unfortunately. I reckon we'll probably be competing for 2nd and maybe given a few summer signings be fav for that spot but I think Celtic will up there game next season. Hopefully we give them a challenge but we didn't expect it a year ago and are miles ahead of schedule. It'll be a bonus if it happens

I think we can win the league next year with the correct signings and a bit of luck.

The premiership will be harder but from what I see they aren't better footballers generally than the championship just a bit more physical

You can't really make this decision until the end of august when you see what business we've done

that said the SPL is woeful quality so the gap can be bridged, celtc have went backward at an alarming rate who could have imagined aberdeen would be only 4 points off top spot with 10 games to go - that is utter failure for that celtc management team.