[FT] Rangers 4 (Forrester 1; Holt 47; Halliday 54; Wallace 83) - 0 Dundee

I must admit that I was one of the doubters and in all honesty thought that Dundee would score one or two and that we might lose 2-1 although I entered a 1-1 in the Prediction League.

However, we came out with the same intent as v Hibs only even better. We put on a superb passing display and only allowed Dundee to come into the game for a brief spell before half time. After the break the quick goal settled us into some outstanding inter-passing play to which Dundee had no answer other than to give away free kicks and they were rightly punished from one by Halliday. Wallace capped off a MOTM performance for me with a fine goal.

Our defence, ably shielded by Ball, coped admirably with Dundee's highly rated strike force, allowing Halliday and Holt to play high tempo attacking football linked by Miller to our fast raiding wingers. Forrester improves with every game, McKay was a constant thorn in Dundee's sides, but showed that he is much more effective on the right and I was surprised that he was subbed, but not as surprised as Shiels being asked to take his place. Law fitted in well late on.

We completely overwhelmed Dundee in the second half to the extent that there was nothing they could do to change the game and they meekly surrendered in the end. It could and should have been at least 5-0.

Given that Dundee apparently held Celtic comfortably without their best forwards and we were without arguably at least two of our best, this performance augurs very well indeed.

McKay was a constant thorn in Dundee's sides, but showed that he is much more effective on the right.

I'm not sure that was shown today. The left back was a lot more ineffective than that right back and McKay wasn't double teamed to the same extent in the second half as the first.