[FT] Rangers 4 (Forrester 1; Holt 47; Halliday 54; Wallace 83) - 0 Dundee

Incredible result and brilliant performance??? the weather is shit over here but it could be raining turds for all I care, WATP!! I'm well pissed off I missed being at the match for a holiday! Hang my head in shame?Morton might do us a turn and pump the Mhanks tomorow! If not, let's have them at Hamden?

Forrester was pretty poor in his first few games, but a few suggested at the time that he didn't look match fit -- I may have been one of those fans...:cool:

Edited by Rousseau

Not much more to say thoroughly enjoyed game today despite my foreboding in earlier post.

Tremendous all round performance with Miller's link up play being absolutely superb, maybe not scoring goals but a performance like today justifies his selection.

Left game feeling that when we don't come up against brick wall defending we can really harm the opposition.

Well done Forrester on our 100th goal in all competitions.

Great game. I was expecting it to be difficult but we beat them easily. At half time I thought that Dundee could still get back into it. An excellent second goal killed it.

Forrester looked like he would be of little use to begin with but he's completely changed that now. Looking forward to the next round now and then maybe on to an unusual treble.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-fc/rangers-4-dundee-0-dark-blues-dumped-out-of-scottish-cup-at-ibrox-1.927522

Dundee Courier's take =

Dundee’s dreams of Scottish Cup glory are over for another season after they were unceremoniously dumped out of the competition by Rangers at Ibrox.

More than a few pundits had tipped Paul Hartley’s Premiership side to overcome the Championship table-toppers in this quarter-final.

However, it was Mark Warburton’s side who simply blew the Dark Blues away with a performance of pace, power and precision.

Dundee got off to the worst possible start with Rangers opening the scoring with just 13 seconds on the clock as Harry Forrester sent a ferocious angled drive past the helpless Dark Blues keeper Scott Bain.

Paul Hartley’s side were stunned and they came close to conceding a second in the eighth minute when James Tavernier produced a crisp shot but this time Bain saved at his near post. The woodwork then came to the rescue when a defensive Kevin Holt header clipped his own post.

Rangers’ Public Enemy No.1 Gary Harkins then had a chance of his own but he dragged his shot wide of Wes Foderingham’s goal.

Bain had to come to the rescue once again in the 26th minute, pulling off a stunning acrobatic stop from a long-range Tavernier free-kick.

As the teams ran down the tunnel at half-time, the Dundee players were no doubt relieved that they were just one goal in arrears considering Rangers’ overall dominance.

However, just two minutes after the restart, the Dark Blues conceded again with the impressive Kenny Miller teeing up Jason Holt for the simplest of headers to net from close range.

Rangers then made it three in the 55th minute, when Andy Halliday curled a free-kick from 20 yards around the wall and past Bain to send Ibrox rocking.

Dundee huffed and puffed in search of consolation goal but instead they conceded a fourth in the 84th minute.

Rangers skipper Lee Wallace jinked past a couple of Dark Blues’ defenders before calmly slotting the ball past Bain to well and truly put the icing on the cake for the home side.

Dundee Courier again:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-fc/dundee-boss-paul-hartley-extremely-disappointed-by-side-s-showing-in-thrashing-by-rangers-1.927534

Dundee boss Paul Hartley says his side only have themselves to blame after they were dumped out of the Scottish Cup by Rangers.

The Light Blues were rampant as they recorded an impressive 4-0 win.

Harry Forrester blasted Gers ahead inside 13 seconds and three second-half strikes from Jason Holt, Andy Halliday and Lee Wallace put the seal on Dundee's demise.

Dark Blues boss Hartley was left distraught by his side's sloppy start to both halves.

"I'm extremely disappointed with the manner of the start," he said. "The last thing we said to them before we went out was make sure you have a good start to the game.

"We were a goal down after 13 seconds and what does to the home team, it just gives them a massive lift.

"We have got to be honest with ourselves and say Rangers totally deserved to win today and we didn't perform."

Rangers boss Mark Warburton watched his side put on the best display of his Ibrox reign - but still does not reckon it was enough to have their potential semi-final opponents running scared.

Warburton's side will discover late on Sunday afternoon who they will face in the last four of the competition, with Dundee United — winners over Ross County in the day's second quarter-final — one possible opponent.

But despite the emphatic nature of his side's victory, the Englishman does not believe it will have intimidated their eventual Hampden adversaries.

"I don't think anyone fears anyone," he said. "If you're in the semi-final of a trophy, who are you going to fear?

"Our job, whoever we face, is to do well. Don't forget, it's only seven and a half months since this team came together. All credit to them for the way they have applied themselves and they deserved today's result.

"But they are a young side and teams in the semi-finals won't fear anyone I'm sure."