That Friday feeling: Rangers v Greenock Morton

Thought that was good. Barrie McKay was great again. I don't care if he is getting picked for Scotland or not as long as we don't let him go to another club.

It looked like the team lost the way between the opener and the equalizer. The only other bad point was how the number of mistakes by Tavernier. How often does he pass the ball straight to an opponent while under no pressure?

Miller was my MOTM. Linked up play well, decent touch, great movement, great work ethic and a couple of tidy finishes, proving again that if he has no time to think about it he can finish.

McKay did well but not as impressed as some of you were. Lost the ball fairly frequently first half and only really excelled, IMHO, when Morton came out to attack when they went down 2-1.

1st I've seen Forrester.... I don't think I've EVER seen someone who looks to get on the ball as much as this lad, constantly looking to take it. Quick feet, nice touches. I would certainly risk a contract on him.

Dom Ball was so assured tonight and looked to start every attack by pushing into midfield.

O Halloran didn't do much, Holt was largely ineffective, Halliday was his usual steady self. Wallace and Wilson strolled it. Foderingham needs to learn to palm the ball away from goal rather than straight into the middle of play.

Thought that was good. Barrie McKay was great again. I don't care if he is getting picked for Scotland or not as long as we don't let him go to another club.

It looked like the team lost the way between the opener and the equalizer. The only other bad point was how the number of mistakes by Tavernier. How often does he pass the ball straight to an opponent while under no pressure?

Aye Tavernier was frustrating tonight,but the thing I like about this team is they never give up on what they are trying to do,they believe in what they are trying to do and are quite relentless in that respect,so if one or more players are not quite on their game they just keep working and don't let their heads go down!,fantastic to watch a team with that self belief!

I have to say, too, I think Rangers must have the most impatient fans in the world. We were cruising when Morton scored and there was ample time left. From that point on every single time a pass went astray there were moans and groans in the Club Deck. At one point Wilson had to clear the ball with his weaker right foot and it never landed at a team mate but he cleared the lines... Cue instant howls of derision.

Maybe it's because I only get to a couple of games a year.... But our fans really need to take a look at themselves and actually appreciate how far we have come in a short space of time, realize the difference in quality of football from last season to this and, most importantly IMHO, recognize that football is a game played by humans, not robots. Mistakes can, and will, be made. Accept them and encourage the team to better things.

Rant over

Only complaint from me was O'Halloran's performance...I was really looking forward to watching him tonight...sure players are due an off day, but that was very disappointing so early in his career with us.

You get players like that - blow hot and cold - Temps is an example, hope this is just a blip with him and not a glimpse into the future.

Rant over.

I have to say, too, I think Rangers must have the most impatient fans in the world. We were cruising when Morton scored and there was ample time left. From that point on every single time a pass went astray there were moans and groans in the Club Deck. At one point Wilson had to clear the ball with his weaker right foot and it never landed at a team mate but he cleared the lines... Cue instant howls of derision.

Maybe it's because I only get to a couple of games a year.... But our fans really need to take a look at themselves and actually appreciate how far we have come in a short space of time, realize the difference in quality of football from last season to this and, most importantly IMHO, recognize that football is a game played by humans, not robots. Mistakes can, and will, be made. Accept them and encourage the team to better things.

Rant over

Agree 100% mate and unfortunately that will never go away,I am witnessing some of the consistent best football from a Rangers team I've seen in a long time and still all around me I hear the moans and groans,it does my nut in and I want to argue with them,but I hold back on that...........most of the time!