That Friday feeling: Rangers v Greenock Morton

Had to bite my tongue a few times as I had to listen to "McKay has no end product" behind me.....

You get that sort of rubbish a lot Craig and not just in the CD, you get it in pretty much every section of every stand.

McKay did well but not as impressed as some of you were. Lost the ball fairly frequently first half and only really excelled, IMHO, when Morton came out to attack when they went down 2-1.

He made mistakes (as did others!), but I thought we saw some real class from the lad as well. He made some really great passes even outwith setting up or being involved in goals.

1st I've seen Forrester.... I don't think I've EVER seen someone who looks to get on the ball as much as this lad, constantly looking to take it. Quick feet, nice touches. I would certainly risk a contract on him.

Another who made mistakes like everyone else on the pitch, but aye, he's clearly got the attributes to fit into this team and that's praise!

Edited by Zappa

Barrie McKay out frigging standing tonight, he should be walking into the Scottish first team.

He was quality tonight and should probably have been our MOTM, although it has to be said, that yet again it's not easy to pick a MOTM. Andy Halliday had a great game too.

O'Halloran was poor becsuse he never got the ball due to Tav having a nightmare.

Miller was excellent and cant believe someone actually said Holt was ineffective! Thought he had a great game.

Man of the Match by miles was MacKay.

Strange how fans see the same game differently.

O'Halloran was poor because he never got the ball due to Tav having a nightmare.

Miller was excellent and cant believe someone actually said Holt was ineffective! Thought he had a great game.

100% this.

O'Halloran was poor becsuse he never got the ball due to Tav having a nightmare.

Agreed but it wasn't just because of Tav. All night long our defense AND midfield were playing down the left hand side. O Halloran was taking up some great wide positions with acres of space and it seemed as if everyone felt he smelled bad as they refused to play the ball to him !!

I know what you mean about the Club Deck Craig, lad next to me was really nice but the fella sat next to him...

I really enjoyed last night's match, three good goals, the first was a superb header from a move straight off the training ground. I agree about O'Halleron, our whole right hand side was weak until Mckay switched there late in the second half. McKay is a hugely important player to us now, he's involved in so many of our attacks. We were talking last night how he was released as a 16 year old by Kilmarnock and looked like he was going to be released by us this time last year. You wonder how many other players are lost to the sport. But as Craig says you still hear supporters who aren't convinced by him, it's bizarre. Appreciating what McKay does is my new litmus test for seeing whether someone actually understands football or not.

And Dundee Utd lost last night too.