DM - Forrester close to extended deal

While I agree with what you are saying Ian re improving players, I would really like him to sign a couple of top class (within obvious reason) players and see how he manages them. Getting journeymen to play better at Ibrox in the second tier is one thing, bringing in international players and getting them to lead the team onto titles is quite another and I am relishing seeing him up the quality of signing over the next couple of seasons and see if his record is as good up a level as it has been at this fairly easy level.

Top class players need to be coached properly to reach top class status,they don't just become top class players,but I agree with what you are saying,although I'm not sure we will get back to the days of buying top class international quality players any time soon.

I agree on top class internationalists like Laudrup, Gazza, De Boer etc are not going to be coming to Ibrox in this generation, however there will be a lot of good international experienced players that will be available and within our budget that will complement our existing over-achieving journeymen. My worry with the journeymen who are currently playing probably at the peak form of their careers is that form is temporary and that it may be unsustainable over a longer period, like into a second or third season. We are basically doing what the tims are doing but at a lower level where the scattergun approach of buying in a number of players with potential hoping that one or two turn out (through coaching in our case and blind luck in theirs!) to be top class sellable assets, which balances the books and allows you to go at it again.

What I mean is can we bring in a few £1M players instead of £100K players and turn them into top players worth £10M instead of £2M. Can we find a Wanyama, Van Dijk, get a good season or two out of them and punt them on for a huge profit?

Why have the negatives started already let's get back up ,let MW and DW liaise with the appropriate Directors to achieve the signing of new blood and then if still not happy thencarry on with the negativity.

Always thought there was a player in Barrie McKay just by the way he ran and moved, I saw the same in Forrester from the start. Just the way they seem to flow over the ground and if they have the ball control, they are half way there.

Then they need the right attitude.

Methinks both Crooks (defensive) and Windass (attacking) are central midfielders? Same with Murdoch. Could it be that we'll play Crooks as CH too? Then again, it seems to spell the end for Law.

While we are at it, I do wonder what the (hopefully) arrival of Matthew Knox spells for Ryan Hardie. Both are still very young and I do expect Nicky Clark will be going too, but will both get a chance in the first team?

https://twitter.com/RangersFC

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC 7m7 minutes ago

MW: we're very close to Harry Forrester committing his long term future to the club

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC 9m9 minutes ago

MW confirms he will be looking for a central midfielder in the summer

Excellent news. Need to get this done before the yahoos come sniffing around as they usually do.

Edited by RANGERRAB