Rangers: Walter Smith says sense of bitterness remains over past

But ticketus must have known administration was a possibility at any point surely ?

Had the FTTT reported during Whyte's reign and found in favour of HMRC then he'd have filed for admin immediately IMO. As a result it didnt & he ran out of money & filed for administration anyway and ticketus lost their money

Greed clouds your judgement.Ooopps!!

But ticketus must have known administration was a possibility at any point surely ?

Had the FTTT reported during Whyte's reign and found in favour of HMRC then he'd have filed for admin immediately IMO. As a result it didnt & he ran out of money & filed for administration anyway and ticketus lost their money

It is similar to buying junk bonds. The premium on Ticketus' loan was pretty hefty if I recall properly - so they were getting an excessive return but with additional risk. Same as junk bonds.

Risk v reward. They simply determined that the reward was worth the risk.

Just got the end of all the thread as not been here all night. Going back to the OP I wholeheartedly agree with Walter, and I for one will Never Forget nor Forgive. It was great to see someone come out and back us(the club and its fans) up in the way he did. He was 100% correct about Scottish football and their perceived hatred of all thing Rangers, the sad thing is that even the fans of these clubs allowed their inherent hatred and jealousy of our club to take priority over the welfare of their own, as Walter quite rightly highlighted. This whole debacle has dragged their clubs and football in Scotland into depths I doubt it has seen for many a year.

He was also spot on when he said it will never be forgotten and anyone thinking that our demotion, needless demotion, to the scrapheap of Scottish football, ever will be is seriously misguided.

Of course their is bitterness, however it is also noticeable that Bitterness is highlighted regarding Rangers fans, I don't remember the magnification of "Bitterness" when 10 other clubs(Kilmarnock abstained) cast aside their own welfare to tray and kill us off by sending us to Division 3.

As was suggested we just use all of what has happened to us as motivation to spur us on to title no 55.

Never forgive, Never forget WATP.

Edited by cooponthewing

It is similar to buying junk bonds. The premium on Ticketus' loan was pretty hefty if I recall properly - so they were getting an excessive return but with additional risk. Same as junk bonds.

Risk v reward. They simply determined that the reward was worth the risk.

Ticketus were greedy and thought there was zero risk, they drove a coach and horses through their own rules in dealing with Whyte in the manner they did.

Strange how the "lets move on" and "forgive and forget" media are spinning these lines is because we're back. The top league teams and media circus thats battered us for years now want us to "get over it" to coin keevins phrase.

Walter is right that we wont forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folks,

As Craig has already posted, please remember the following note from the Crown Office:

"THE CROWN Office has warned social media users about making any prejudicial comments relating to the court case over the acquisition of Rangers assets in 2012.

In a tweet, the Crown Office said: "Please note that the Rangers case remains live under Contempt of Court Act and nothing should be published that might prejudice the case.

A key part of the contempt law is preventing the publication of material which could influence a jury and jeopardise the chances of an accused receiving a fair trial. Those found guilty of contempt of court may be sent to prison."

This forum cannot be expected to stay on top of every post made so you alone have any responsibility for any claims you make in relation to the court proceedings.