This made me laugh:

"All he can do is tackle and run, which the Dutch rank just slightly above turning up for the match on time."

That is Scottish players in a nutshell! Interesting how little it counts in the Netherlands!

That was a good read Pete, thank you.

He's not a striker, but a midfielder with decent athleticism, running ability and strength; he's not technically gifted, but has knack of assisting and being in the right place at the right time. He could be a decent asset. Ideally, we'd want someone a little more rounded as a player, but I'm all for acquiring players that can do specific jobs: getting a big, tall, physical midfielder -- with some aggression -- would be a good alternative. (We've been crying out for a more physical threat from midfield!)

Regarding the "Jew Hunt", could it be that this isn't exactly meant racist, but having a go at some opposition club or the like? Where context is everything? Then again, it would be food and drink to the Scottish mhedia, who have their very own version of sectarianism and racism ... and who commits it.

Edited by der Berliner

Ffs pete. I need to go to work in an hour!

55a6a119f4c81cb67125bd7981401486.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has obviously been translated from a Dutch newspaper article. Until very recently the only Dutch newspapers in tabloid form were the free give away ones. I believe The Telegraaf has only recently changed over. Therefore their articles are written to fill up much more space. Sorry I didn't write it although I wish I had as I also find it a very good article

This has obviously been translated from a Dutch newspaper article. Until very recently the only Dutch newspapers in tabloid form were the free give away ones. I believe The Telegraaf has only recently changed over. Therefore their articles are written to fill up much more space. Sorry I didn't write it although I wish I had as I also find it a very good article

Can I just add I doubt a Dutch journalist would get away with just repeating the same text written in different forms hidden in a crap article. which only consists of a small number of paragraphs as Scottish journalists seem to get away with. They actually have to earn their money.

Regarding the "Jew Hunt", could it be that this isn't exactly meant racist, but having a go at some opposition club or the like? Where context is everything? Then again, it would be food and drink to the Scottish mhedia, who have their very own version of sectarianism and racism ... and who commits it.

I don't think there is any way to not construe it as racist. Given the stick we give Griffiths, I wouldn't be overly keen on having this sort of attitude at Rangers. I can't see MW would either. He doesn't appear to suffer fools.

I don't think there is any way to not construe it as racist. Given the stick we give Griffiths, I wouldn't be overly keen on having this sort of attitude at Rangers. I can't see MW would either. He doesn't appear to suffer fools.

No argument here. I was and am under the impression - hence the question - that they have some rather odd names for "fellow" clubs and there supporters over in Holland too. It is contextual if they they have some sort of "Jews" amongst rival clubs like "we" have "Fenians". We (!) do not exactly target a race (Irish) or religion (Catholics) with that word, but IRA scum and their followers. So I wondered whether something similar is at work here. That it is dispacable and beyond taste is obvious.

No argument here. I was and am under the impression - hence the question - that they have some rather odd names for "fellow" clubs and there supporters over in Holland too. It is contextual if they they have some sort of "Jews" amongst rival clubs like "we" have "Fenians". We (!) do not exactly target a race (Irish) or religion (Catholics) with that word, but IRA scum and their followers. So I wondered whether something similar is at work here. That it is dispacable and beyond taste is obvious.

Ajax are known as the Jews and it is always used in a derogatory way. The worst chants were from the Utrecht supporters who sang:

“My father was in the commando's, my mother was in the SS. And together they burned Jews, because Jews burn the best”,

Another was Hamas Hamas all jews to the gas.

New laws have been introduced in Holland as in Scotland to try rid the games of these kind of chants.

I think we must all agree these chants do not belong in a Stadium.

For those that know nothing of Dutch football then contrary to the rest of Europe, outside of Amsterdam, Ajax are probably the most hated club in Holland. I will even admit my close friends who are ordinary normal guy's hate them with a vengeance. Amsterdam has a very large Jewish community and that is where the Jewish thing comes from. Some Ajax supporters even call themselves The Jews and many supporters probably are jewish. The star of David can be seen at all of there matches.