Dreaming of Europe

Speaking of Hibs are the dates on the Scotprem website right enough?

http://spfl.co.uk/key-dates/

19 Premiership play-off final, 1st leg

21 Scottish Cup Final

21 FA Cup Final

22 Premiership play-off final, 2nd leg

will Hibs be forced like we were to complete their league season with only 48 hours as we were forced to?

all in the interests of sporting integrity you understand

Sporting integrity is paramount.

Can these dates be altered in any way if the play-offs are being televised?

I just saw the Sky interview with Warburton just after the game. He was very emotional. Anyone who thinks he will be leaving us for Fulham or Swansea or the likes deserve this.:flipa:

i think those dates are the way they are, for TV.

It's terrible organisation up here really.

In England they have the Championship play-off final a full week after their national cup final has been decided, more likely because of the possibility one of those sides could have realistically qualified for both.

In Scotland those in charge, only see one picture.

It's terrible organisation up here really.

In England they have the Championship play-off final a full week after their national cup final has been decided, more likely because of the possibility one of those sides could have realistically qualified for both.

In Scotland those in charge, only see one picture.

what do you think the outcome would have been had WE been in the play off final and scottish cup final?

what do you think the outcome would have been had WE been in the play off final and scottish cup final?

2008 revisited is my guess, but it's not us it's Hibs so I'm not sure how the authorities will deal with it.

Personally if it was up to me I'd move the play-off final to the following week if Falkirk fail to reach it.

Speaking of Hibs are the dates on the Scotprem website right enough?

http://spfl.co.uk/key-dates/

19 Premiership play-off final, 1st leg

21 Scottish Cup Final

21 FA Cup Final

22 Premiership play-off final, 2nd leg

will Hibs be forced like we were to complete their league season with only 48 hours as we were forced to?

all in the interests of sporting integrity you understand

New contingency dates have been pencilled in.

The SPFL today announced its contingency plan in the event of a club being involved in both the Ladbrokes Premiership play-off final and the Scottish Cup final.

As it stands, the Ladbrokes Premiership play-off final will take place on Thursday May 19 and Sunday May 22. The scheduled date for the Scottish Cup final is Saturday May 21.

If a club is a participant in both the Ladbrokes Premiership play-off final and the Scottish Cup final, the dates of the Premiership play-off final will be adjusted to Tuesday May 17 and Wednesday May 25.

The SPFL informed Scottish Cup semi-finalists of this contingency plan on March 17.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/premiership-play-off-final-update/

Getting into Europe by winning the SC would mean summer qualifiers starting in the second round on July 14th.

We would need to go through 3 qualifiers to make the group stages and we'd almost certainly be unseeded in any draw.

It could, could, be great news in terms of helping attract players.

If we were to qualify, it might help keep MW at the club.

I'm sure he'd welcome the challenge of direct European football involvement after his previous work with the NextGen series.

Edited by buster.

New contingency dates have been pencilled in.

Getting into Europe by winning the SC would mean summer qualifiers starting in the second round on July 14th.

We would need to go through 3 qualifiers to make the group stages and we'd almost certainly be unseeded in any draw.

That's a chilling thought. And it's mainly Keltic's fault that Scotland's co-efficient was allowed to sink so low. We are going to have to raise it all by ourselves.