The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Make no mistake, no-one we will get will be anything but "a bomb scare" for some, a "we can do better" for others, a too-old or not-suited etc. ... while no-one of those has to offer some realistic and objective alternative.

Have checked Senderos' stats and while he was all over the place at some the best teams out there, he had lengthy spells out injured too. He has been playing regular football at Grasshoppers since the turn of the year. And while he may or may not have convinced folks, DO keep in mind that he is not playing at EPL, Seria A or Liga 1 level in Scotland.

NB, I do find it interessting that whenever a names comes up (well, one you recognize instantly, not some "no-name" like Tavernier), people are instantly about telling how great or - more often - how woeful he is. Having seen him on occasion aeons ago while having a pint in a pub or the like. And defenders usually get it in the neck anyway, as any of their mistakes is punished (and thus well recorded in memory), no matter whether he played a blinder in the whole rest of the game ... which went unnoticed as the the commentator's voice did not rise in level and thus drawing attention to the screen. Which is not to say that some do have an immaculate memory and watch people more closely. All of them ...

Edited by der Berliner

I'm struggling to comprehend how fans can want to see Ball return but turn their nose up at Senderos? Overlooking the veracity of this link, Senderos would be a decent signing.

Edited by Rousseau

Wilson: No concrete offers for Ariyibi but Spireites will have to consider bids

Danny Wilson says no concrete offers have emerged for Chesterfield’s apparently much sought-after winger Gboly Ariyibi.

Transfer speculation has been widespread in recent weeks with Rotherham United, Oxford United, Glasgow Rangers and Reading all linked with a move for the 21-year-old.

Wilson addressed the rumours at the club’s media day and admitted it was no surprise that Ariyibi was a name on the lips of other clubs.

“There’s nothing concrete whatsoever,” he said.

“If Gboly doesn’t attract the type of attention he’s doing then people have got their eyes shut, he’s a very, very good footballer and speculation will be rife.

“He can only go and play well on the pitch like he’s been doing in pre-season, like he did the back end of last season.”

The American-born flying machine is in the final year of his contract at the Proact and Wilson was unable to confirm if a new deal has been offered by the Spireites.

Chesterfield’s veteran manager, obviously a big fan of the youngster, knows the club won’t be able to ignore the pound signs if clubs make approaches.

“If people come in with bids we’ll have to consider them, there’s no doubt about it,” he said.

“At the same time there’s only us can benefit from it if he’s playing like he is while he’s here.

“We’ve put a lot of belief in him, he can be anything.

“I love his attitude. I love him as a player going forward and defending, he’s got a terrific defensive attitude on him, which for a wide player is not always the case.

“He’s a goal threat, he’s a real team player.”

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-fc/wilson-no-concrete-offers-for-ariyibi-but-spireites-will-have-to-consider-bids-1-8052044

A look at his position and his performance data would suggest to file this rumour under: rather unlikely

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gboly-ariyibi/leistungsdaten/spieler/226958

I think Senderos would be a decent signing. I was never convinced of him at Arsenal, but since then he's played for several good/decent sides at good/decent levels -- they must see something in him? It's easy to focus on his lack of playing time, but that is not something Warburton looks at; it's the character and qualities of the player that count. He is tall, powerful, got a bit of pace (certainly enough for our league!) and seems to be quite intelligent, speaking 5 languages. I'd be happy with this signing. Of course, I'll wait until we have proper confirmation!

A lot of poor footballers have had excellent careers if we're just to judge them based on the clubs they played for.

ll through last week due to financial package

MARK WARBURTON insists former Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos will not be making a move to Ibrox this summer.

The 31-year-old was the latest name to be linked with a Light Blues deal this week ahead of the new Premiership campaign.

Warburton remains in the market for a defender and a striker to complete his Gers squad but is in no rush to make his next move.

He said: “It’s like Robin van Persie, I get a phone call and it’s all news to me.

“It’s another one we’ve apparently signed, we’ve offered him a one year deal.

“It’s news to me. I’m not amazed it comes out but there’s no truth in it.

“With regards to loans, we’re not at a stage where it’s time to move.

“Boys will have been filling in because the big hitters have been at the Euros.

“They’ll be told soon whether they can go out on loan. But it’s not easy.

“That’s the hard part, it might seem basic to everyone else, but that’s the hard sell.

“If someone has been offered X amount, three times what Scottish clubs can pay, then we have to get them here.

“They have to see the training ground, a packed Ibrox and the expectation in the city to really sell it. The good players will thrive on that.

“If player are driven by money then we won’t get them. But then, are those really the kind of players we want? I’m not so sure it is.”

Warburton utilised the loan market well last summer as he brought Dominic Ball and Gedion Zelalem north of the border from Tottenham and Arsenal respectively.

But the Ibrox boss has revealed that a temporary deal fell through last week due to the financial package involved.

He said: “You get to a point where there are eight, nine, ten Championship clubs and they are paying full wages and a loan fee.

“This one player, a young player, smashes our top earner out the water. Twice over, or more.

“But there is a queue a mile long of clubs that will take him. That tells you where the market is.

“The gap is getting wider and it will keep getting wider. There are fees being paid for players you know are not worth it, but they are being paid.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/...ppe_Senderos/?