The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

We need a centre forward to play through the middle. Watching the play go from wing to wing at the opponents 18 yard box with Miller & Waghorn playing with their back to goal is no use. We need a player to run into the box from the middle and to put a cross in now and then, we need a target man to play up front. I get the possession play, but we are not taking the risks with it. Allowing defences to sort themselves out while we play from side to side makes life difficult!

I'm starting to find it a little worrying that while Celtic are spending £3.5m on one player (Scott Sinclair), our total summer expenditure has been just over half a million. The current Celtic side is not up to much, but it's always going to be difficult with as big a gulf in resources as that. This is why we need regular participation in Europe asap to provide some vital cash because we clearly don't have any. Developing youth and our low cost signings for significant profits need to be other key objectives - something we have struggled with for many years.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I'm starting to find it a little worrying that while Celtic are spending £3.5m on one player (Scott Sinclair), our total summer expenditure has been just over half a million. The current Celtic side is not up to much, but it's always going to be difficult with as big a gulf in resources as that. This is why we need regular participation in Europe asap to provide some vital cash because we clearly don't have any. Developing youth and our low cost signings for significant profits need to be other key objectives - something we have struggled with for many years.

One may throw in handy merchandise deals, generous distribution of TV money and a healthy income from selling players into the English market into the fray. Which is where the Scum get quite a substantial amount of income too, apart from their shadowy owner's loans. Alas, we have a scout department working now and who knows what sort of money EPL would offer us in January should McKay, Waghorn and/or Tavernier continue where they left of last season ...

Edited by der Berliner

One may throw in handy merchandise deals, generous distribution of TV money and a healthy income from selling players into the English market into the fray. Which is where the Scum get quite a substantial amount of income too, apart from their shadowy owner's loans. Alas, we have a scout department working now and who knows what sort of money EPL would offer us in January should McKay, Waghorn and/or Tavernier continue where they left of last season ...

I can't see any English clubs splashing big money on players like Waghorn and Tavernier, given they've already played in England and not really excelled. I do hope like the tims we can start punting players on for big profits to the EPL, but I'm not sure if we're liable to find many such players in England. For the moment we need to be patient, though conversely I would see anything below second place this season as a massive failure - we might not be spending much cash but we must be finishing above the Hearts' and Aberdeens of the world. I still think winning the league should still definitely be achievable, based on how poor Celtic seem to be.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Someone may offer £2-3mill for Barrie in Jan if his form continues and if his form continues through till the end of the season it wouldn't surprise me if he went for £5-6mill. After all Ross Mcormack just went for £12mill:shock::eek2: Wow?? That would be a welcome cash injection. I don't see where else we are getting cash for transfers unless we sell, I don't see DK putting his hands in his pockets for player investment tbh.

Someone may offer £2-3mill for Barrie in Jan if his form continues and if his form continues through till the end of the season it wouldn't surprise me if he went for £5-6mill. After all Ross Mcormack just went for £12mill:shock::eek2: Wow?? That would be a welcome cash injection. I don't see where else we are getting cash for transfers unless we sell, I don't see DK putting his hands in his pockets for player investment tbh.

I would laugh them off the phone if they offered us 3 million for McKay - in fact, I think I would laugh them off the phone if we were offered 6 million. Worth more to us than that, and has enough time left on his contract for us to not have to sell.

I would laugh them off the phone if they offered us 3 million for McKay - in fact, I think I would laugh them off the phone if we were offered 6 million. Worth more to us than that, and has enough time left on his contract for us to not have to sell.

They paid 9.5 mill for McGreedy and Barrie is a far better player than him. I would be looking for12mil+

They paid 9.5 mill for McGreedy and Barrie is a far better player than him. I would be looking for12mil+

Strangely enough.... as I was making my above post I was thinking about McGeady too - and I would agree that McKay is a better player by far, and more consistent too.

Anything less than 8 figures and I wouldn't even be talking to any Club.