The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Straight off I have to say that I deem it highly unlikely we will be signing Van Persie. But though I deem it highly unlikely it certainly isn't impossible because there are at least some people in the footballing world who have already achieved such a degree of wealth that money isn't their greatest concern and especially so when entering the twilight of their career. Joey Barton may be mentioned as an example of that and even he doesn't have the degree of wealth Van Persie does.

As for the club and whether they would issue denials when they actually knew there was indeed a chance of this happening yes they would do such a thing. At this stage it would be imprudent to come out and admit it for a whole variety of reasons. In summary it's unlikely but not impossible. Here's hoping because with something of that quality leading the front line the goals would flow freely.

Some things about this RvP links ... for you can of course speculate, whether it is likely that he'd come or not.

He's contracted to Fener at a ridiculous wage, but he apparently did not click there, or at least as much as the Turks would want too. He's contracted till June 2018, so if the Turks cut him lose, they will keep 5m or more in the bank (I calculated 250k a month, haven't got the figures). Remember how we let Cammy Bell move on? Obviously, they might want to look for a transfer fee, but who knows. RvP is 33 and has seen it all, has money galore, so may not need any sparkling EPL or English Championship side, or some go at Spain or France. Unless he likes the fooball there. The only real thing that we could offer him is a real chance at glory and silverware in his final years of his career. And the claim to have - truth be told - played for the bestest club this side of Saturn's rings.

My gut feeling says that he's already booked to join Pelle in China (that was a bit of a shock) ...

NB: MW was rather spartanic with his reply and you can read next to anyting into it.

NB 2: I doubt that Lucas Podolski will stay in Turkey for much longer either.

Edited by der Berliner

RANGERS have been warned off making a bid for Preston North End striker Joe Garner.

The 28-year-old, who has scored 57 goals in 148 appearances for the Lilywhites, is not for sale according to the Deepdale club.

Wigan were also reportedly interested in the striker, who has two years left on his current deal. (LEP)

Bookies shorten odds on Heskey to Rangers

IN THE same week Robin van Persie was linked with Rangers, the Ibrox side now appear to be after another former English Premier League striker.

This time it’s Emile Heskey, who is an evens bet to join Rangers with Stan James.

Heskey, 38. was linked with Hibs last month but stressed his keenness to focus on coaching rather than playing. (Daily Record)

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-emile-heskey-to-rangers-ambrose-denies-exit-talk-rangers-warned-off-preston-striker-1-4190130

Oh dear ...

Chelsea told to pay £75million for Romelu Lukaku

Ross McCormack poised for £12million Norwich switch

You'd wish we had place a sell-on clause with McCormack ... then again, I don't know whether we actually "sold" him.