The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

If I was Senderos now I would be thinking I held the ace card. One side says 'Feck you Rangers, running to me now', and the other side says 'lets negotiate a bit more'. And who could blame him?

How do you know we weren't going to sign him anyway?

I can't possibly know that, but I tend to go with (what I think is) common sense. Hill, Lescott and Senderos? I don't think so.

We could also end up with neither, as we are now 'hanging out our washing in public'. "Senderos is fit? He's trained with Rangers? He's going for peanuts? Let's take the risk as backup"

Edited by Anchorman
Spelling mistake 'backup'

We should only sign Senderos if he is going to improve on what we have. I hope we don't panic and end up wasting money on someone who isn't going to cut it. Clint Hill has a bit of work to do to win the fans over right now. We need to get this transfer right

We should only sign Senderos if he is going to improve on what we have. I hope we don't panic and end up wasting money on someone who isn't going to cut it. Clint Hill has a bit of work to do to win the fans over right now. We need to get this transfer right

I would think he would be a huge step up in terms of what we have

Sendoros would be miles better than what we have tbh. Not sure what hill has done wrong so far to be honest. He was never going to be first choice imo and had only played a handful of matches.

PHILIPPE SENDEROS will jet into Glasgow in the next 48 hours to sign a two-year contract with Rangers.

The Swiss defender, 31, is a ready-made replacement for Joleon Lescott whose move dramatically collapsed at the eleventh hour yesterday.

Lescott blamed ‘family reasons’, but Aston Villa boss Roberto di Matteo claimed an agreement could not be reached and said: “He passed a medical and everything. They didn’t agree personal terms so the move has fallen through and he is back with us now.”

SunSport understands, however, it was Gers who pulled the plug on the deal after concerns over a knee problem were flagged up during the medical.

That has cleared the way for Senderos to make the move to Ibrox.

The former Arsenal defender spent last week training at Auchenhowie, but flew home to Switzerland on Thursday.

Rangers have paid for his return ticket with Warburton impressed with what he saw.

The Gers gaffer said: “I can’t speak highly enough about Philippe.

“He has come in, he has trained with us all week, I spoke to him, he has been excellent.

“His CV is outstanding, that is obvious, but we didn’t know where he was physically.

“He hadn’t played in a team or trained for three weeks but he has come in and settled into the group and physically there has been no problem.

“He has dealt really well with training and we have had a few intense days. He looks in good shape.

“We’re really comfortable with him, really happy with him and it’s an ongoing conversation with a very talented player.

“As long as you are honest with players that’s all they want.

“They want you to be honest, they don’t want to be fudged. They want an honest response, honest feedback and to know where they stand.

“I said to him we have a quiet low-key day on Thursday, a game on Saturday and the boys are in on Sunday.

“Philippe has gone to Geneva for a couple of days. We’ve booked return flights for him because we have been very impressed with what we have seen and we will see how the conversations go over the next 24 to 48 hours.”

Meanwhile, Rangers’ pursuit of Joe Garner is also likely to run into next week.

The 25-year-old has yet to undergo a medical but terms have been agreed with Preston and he is poised to sign a three-year deal.

Gers hope to confirm his signing on Monday.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7226644/Philippe-Senderos-to-complete-Rangers-move-within-48-hours-after-Lescott-deal-falls-through.html