The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Anybody seen Senderos play last season?,what level is he at?,guess I'm trying to say will he be a good signing?,if he signs?

He played for Grasshoppers last season so unlikely anyone will have seen him but at 31 if he was ever a good player I would suspect he still pretty much is is. It's not as if CB requires great athleticism.

As for complaints about his age apparently Manchester United and Arsenal are both interested in Southampton CB Jose Fonte who is a year older at 32.

Is he better than that we already have? I presume he is since the manager is showing such an interest and he isn't going to be facing world class opposition in the SPL.

MANCHESTER UNITED have handed Livingston kid Matthew Knox a second chance to win a move to Old Trafford.

The Lions teenager will spend this week with Premier League giants just a few months after a successful trial spell training with the club earlier this year.

Knox is also wanted by Rangers who have made several approaches to Livi.

He became the youngest player to play for the club when he made his debut just just four days after his 16th birthday last December.

The Light Blues had a bid of £75,000 rejected by the League One side back in January with the club looking for at least double that fee for one of the hottest properties in the country.

Knox impressed during a week’s training at Murray Park under the watchful eye of Ibrox boss Mark Warburton who is still keen to land the services of a player who has also spent time at Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and Nottingham Forest in recent months.

A move to Jose Mourinho’s side could now be on the cards if he catches the eye in the coming days and that could spark a bidding war for Knox with Rangers set to be involved but Record Sport Online understands a move down south is the preferred option.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-set-beat-rangers-8681900

Philippe Senderos was back in training with Rangers yesterday, having taken in Saturday’s 2-1 win over Motherwell, and as he edges closer to earning a deal with Mark Warburton’s side.

We’ve put in some calls this morning and our sources are telling us that this is highly unlikely to be done and dusted today but is imminent.

Edited by ian1964

ManU would be an excellent chance for the lad to test and hone his skills against top class youngsters (and earning quite a bit per month too). I have some doubts whether he will see any game time with the club unless he is really really top notch in a couple of years time.

That said, it looks that for the time (!) being you have to have different skills to get into our team too, as we seem to "buy" epxperienced or talented lads rather than give Hardie or Burt a chance. Bates must have done something to impress MW and SDoW to place him on the bench ... at least up until Senderos or another CH signs up.

ManU would be an excellent chance for the lad to test and hone his skills against top class youngsters (and earning quite a bit per month too). I have some doubts whether he will see any game time with the club unless he is really really top notch in a couple of years time.

That said, it looks that for the time (!) being you have to have different skills to get into our team too, as we seem to "buy" epxperienced or talented lads rather than give Hardie or Burt a chance. Bates must have done something to impress MW and SDoW to place him on the bench ... at least up until Senderos or another CH signs up.

Haven't United seriously wound down their youth set-up. Saw an article about all the former United players trying to get their sons into the City academy set-up.

Lescott's off the page. Senderos still hovering.

What other available, affordable, competent centre halves are there?

So long as he can tackle like the clap of doom and head the ball from penalty area to centre circle, I'm not bothered if his passing is less than incisive.

So long as he can tackle like the clap of doom and head the ball from penalty area to centre circle, I'm not bothered if his passing is less than incisive.

Have to agree with that, I wouldn't mind seeing a Colin Hendry type defender, someone that will throw themselves infront of everything and just loves defending - its exactly what is missing. I understand MW wants to play football on the floor but keeping clean sheets is as important.

As for who is out there - that's a tricky one. I guess MW will need to use his knowledge of the English 2nd and 3rd tier, im sure there is a few in those leagues.

Edited by Gribz

Lescott's off the page. Senderos still hovering.

That's what the big American trialist did for us in Charleston. He commanded the air and tackled anything within a reachable distance.

His distribution was terrible, maybe that's why he got pulled when Wilson came back on.

That's what the big American trialist did for us in Charleston. He commanded the air and tackled anything within a reachable distance.

His distribution was terrible, maybe that's why he got pulled when Wilson came back on.

Warburton said in one of his interviews that it is difficult to find defenders who can defend but also distribute the ball from the back without spending millions.