The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

I think Senderos will be a good addition to our squad if it happens as would have been Lescott but I wish all parties would have sung from the same hymn sheet regarding statements when the deal was off its just give the media a free reign to make up shit.

Edited by BalooBear

It obviously made for a neat headline story last week, i.e. us "suddenly" looking at Lescott. I would assume MW is very much his own man and took the chance to have a look at Lescott too. I do also assume that if all came to pass, we would have signed both, despite having 5 CHs in the squad. Lescott might have doubled up as cover for the left back slot. Anyway, I doubt that the Lescott deal will or would have impacted on Senderos', it makes a good headline though.

It obviously made for a neat headline story last week, i.e. us "suddenly" looking at Lescott. I would assume MW is very much his own man and took the chance to have a look at Lescott too. I do also assume that if all came to pass, we would have signed both, despite having 5 CHs in the squad. Lescott might have doubled up as cover for the left back slot. Anyway, I doubt that the Lescott deal will or would have impacted on Senderos', it makes a good headline though.

Warburton clearly said that he wanted 4 centre halves and would be adding one to the squad so there's little chance we would have signed bboth of them.

Warburton clearly said that he wanted 4 centre halves and would be adding one to the squad so there's little chance we would have signed bboth of them.

Methinks he made that statement before Lescott came in / became an option? Though it was repeated thereafter too. If he was given the option, do you think he would disregard it?

Another week has gone past and it is match day again with still no centre half or striker signed.

Lots of tosh in the media but nothing sealed. Sighs.

Incidentally, to add to the debate above, I would be happier with signing two, or even three centre halfs and letting go either Wilson, Kiernan, or both as, let's be honest, neither are any good. So I don't see it as a one or the other between Lescott and Senderos. I think it would be a real struggle to sign a centre half and not be better than Wilson, who has went backwards in his career at an alarming rate.

Done deal: Rangers have signed Joe Garner from Preston North End.

Done deal: Rangers have signed Joe Garner from Preston North End. PA

Rangers have secured the signing of striker Joe Garner from English Championship side Preston North End on a three-year-deal.

The 28-year-old, whose Deepdale contract was set to expire in 2018, is Mark Warburton's 10th signing of the summer transfer window but won't be in the squad for Saturday's clash with Motherwell.

STV revealed on Monday the club had all but accepted an offer of £1.5 million after Garner informed them of his desire to make the move north.

The fee could rise to £1.7m based on adds on such as appearances while STV understands the Ibrox side will pay the initial £1.5m in two instalments, half this year and the remaining half next year.

Garner will provide competition up front for goalscorers Martyn Waghorn and Joe Dodoo.

He scored six goals in 44 appearances in England's second tier after finding the net 27 times in League One during the previous campaign.

Speaking about Garner's qualities, Preston boss Simon Grayson told STV: "Rangers would get a player like we've had: competitive, scored goals in League One, he's got an eye for goal.

"Any defender who has played against him knows how tough he is. He has a good attitude and he's a good lad."

Rangers seal signing of Preston striker Joe Garner on a three-year deal bit.ly/2b5LdDu

Edited by chilledbear