The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Really don't understand the ball signing (if it happens) . He doesn't fix any of the short comings we have in defence.

We need two strong CB not more of the same.

The signings we have made so far give me confidence but the rumours make me worried hopefully they are just rumours.

We know exactly what he brings.

He did well last season.

He is young and can improve.

etc

Then it comes down to numbers and if his attributes represent value for money.

We know exactly what he brings.

He did well last season.

He is young and can improve.

etc

Then it comes down to numbers and if his attributes represent value for money.

I think Ball would be a good signing. He's played well and we could have done with him in the cup final

Where is he going to play? At best 2nd or 3rd choice for def mid. He is not much better than Keirnan and Wilson at CB. He doesn't help fix any of our short comings, still too weak for CB and not especially strong in the air. Squad player at best when we need starting 11 players.

Rumours one of the strikers is Stewart at Dundee ?

Edited by trublusince1982

Where is he going to play? At best 2nd or 3rd choice for def mid. He is not much better than Keirnan and Wilson at CB. He doesn't help fix any of our short comings, still too weak for CB and not especially strong in the air. Squad player at best when we need starting 11 players.

Rumours one of the strikers is Stewart at Dundee

We need a squad of 20 or so that includes versatile players.

If the price is right then I see a young Dominic Ball, a player that we know and has performed in big games, as a no-brainer.

His signing in a small squad comes at the cost of other areas we are short in. If using a small squad and only bringing in 5/6 they really need to be good enough to hold down their position . Loans should be used to fill out the numbers

Edited by trublusince1982

His signing in a small squad comes at the cost of other areas we are short in. If using a small squad and only bringing in 5/6 they really need to be good enough to hold down their position . Loans should be used to fill out the numbers

I'm out again..........(said I would try to resist but)....waiting to see final squad.

Holt instead of Halliday. :)

Holt is more creative than Halliday and better at timing his runs beyond the strikers, making him more of a scoring threat. I wouldn't ever be playing Holt in a DM role.... even if we only had Halliday & Holt available for such a position.

Really don't understand the ball signing (if it happens) . He doesn't fix any of the short comings we have in defence.

We need two strong CB not more of the same.

The signings we have made so far give me confidence but the rumours make me worried hopefully they are just rumours.

IMHO Ball would be an upgrade on both Kiernan and Wilson at CB. Reads the game well and is physical. Not afraid to put the head in where it hurts either.

The squad for the season ahead is obviously still being formed but I would guess that even though it's still likely to become stronger that if we had to go with what we have at this very moment we would still be a formidable force in the SPL very little could compete with.

Keep in mind that last years team were not just scoring against SPL opposition they were dominant for long periods even in the Scottish cup semi against the "best team in Scotland" So given the starting 11 for the new season will be considerably more potent than that it's looking good. Celtic may be stronger that remains to be seen but I don't see anyone else being any more of a challenge than they were in the season just past.

I had my reservations about the league cup and the new format but now I think it's a great opportuinty to get the team up and running for the more important action. Winning this league in the first year back would be such an enormous slap in the face to the other side that they would never live it down. It would illustrate perefctly how irrelevant the titles they won while we were gone truly are.

They know that and they fear it to the extent you can almost smell it. As for the others that being Aberdeen etc I think they talk big for the sake of their fans but deep down they know the old pecking order is being restored and they just have to settle for their place in it. Scrapping it out for third.