The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

He fits the style I want. Strong won't shirk a tackle and strong in the air. If big Marvin can stroll it I think Taylor will be fine. Every signing has to be an improvement on what we have and he is.

Don't think that lot will get a free standing header 15 yards out with Taylor back there

Transfer Rumours today are for Plymouth Argyle Captain Curtis Nelson, 23 year old CB, also a 27 year old Costa Rican GK Esteban Alvarado, currently playing for Trabzonspor.

Aye, I think I heard Nelson's name a while back.

Never heard of the other fella.

It's strange being linked with these inconceivable transfers, and then they turn out to be accurate. Like Barton, I thought Taylor way above our ability. 5 years ago I thought he was one of the best CB's in England; to be linked with a player of his calibre is unbelievable. I'm still not sure he fits our ball-playing mould, but he is the physical player that we've been crying out for. His injury record is very worrying, but that's probably why we are in with a chance of completing the transfer.

In Warbs we trust.

Whilst I don't disagree with your analogy and the "ball-playing CB mould" argument.... In all honesty, I reckon even I could be a ball-playing CB in this Rangers team. By that I mean your distribution doesn't need to be that good. Why ? Because there are ALWAYS open options for the CB's. The two full backs, the keeper, the other CB and at least two midfielders are dropping back to offer themselves for distribution. So as long as you can control a ball and pass it within 2 yards of a player then your distribution doesn't need to be perfect.

Not sure Taylor is what we need but we certainly need better than Kiernan & Wilson. Taylor is highly experienced and could be the experienced head we need to partner Wilson to improve him (ala Weir). I prefer pacy CB's though, or at least one given Wilson is one-paced. Is Taylor pacy ? I didn't think he was.

I'm guessing since he will be in Glasgow for talks today the chances of him signing are good. You would imagine that whatever they are offering him would already have been offered over the phone or whatever and since he is coming the offer must be acceptable.

So presumably now it comes down to simply coming up to have a look around and that can hardly be anything but impressive . So says Joey Barton.

From ANYTHING I have heard from ANYONE..... If a player takes a look at Murray Park and then Lennoxtown there would be only one winner - and it wouldn't be the East Enders.

It is a tough one - People are judging Taylor on his performance in the EPL - he could probably stroll Scottish Football.

I know it's a significant drop in standard from the EPL but Taylor was arguably the weakest link in a defence made entirely of weak links.

From local Plymouth paper:

"PLYMOUTH Argyle captain Curtis Nelson could be set for a high-profile move to Scotland after reportedly impressing Rangers scouts.

The 23-year-old centre back, who has been a mainstay of the Argyle back four since making his debut in 2010, is a rumoured target of Rangers' boss Mark Warburton as the Glaswegian side prepare to make their return to the Scottish top flight.

Nelson made 40 appearances for the Pilgrims this season, scoring twice, and led the team out at Wembley during Argyle's disappointing play-off defeat against Wimbledon.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Rangers-express-Plymouth-Argyle-star-League-beast/story-29365658-detail/story.html#ixzz4AnZ4TTFW

Edited by ian1964