The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

I liked Aluko too but with McKay, Forrester and Halliday all left-sided players, I can't see us moving for him.

Aluko is mainly a secondary / "shadow" striker, but we used him on the wing, as we had more powerful people through the middle.

I must admit I wouldn't say sign alouko or toure. Not unless they could really prove their fitness

Thats the problem,for them to prove their fitness they would need a good run of games(say 12).

You would need to sign them for that to happen.

You can really only go on past fitness,or gamble and hope for the best (i wouldnt).

I must admit I wouldn't say sign alouko or toure. Not unless they could really prove their fitness

Fitness apart I think both are quality players and certainly would improve our squad!,if fit?,unless MW has other/better targets!

Bring pre-season on so as to have a better idea of the squad.

Maybe it is an age thing but I can't get into this transfer speculation like I did when I was a 'lad', two weeks was enough this year culminating with Barton signing.

Back in the day would read what I could of the newspapers when doing my paper-round and in school holidays would walk a mile down the road to the big John Menzies in Princess Street to read all and everything I missed previously.

My uneducated tuppence worth is that I don't fancy Toure. It reminds me of deals in yesteryear that had a poor hit-rate and were relatively expensive.

Bring pre-season on so as to have a better idea of the squad.

Maybe it is an age thing but I can't get into this transfer speculation like I did when I was a 'lad', two weeks was enough this year culminating with Barton signing.

Back in the day would read what I could of the newspapers when doing my paper-round and in school holidays would walk a mile down the road to the big John Menzies in Princess Street to read all and everything I missed previously.

My uneducated tuppence worth is that I don't fancy Toure. It reminds me of deals in yesteryear that had a poor hit-rate and were relatively expensive.

most of it is arrant nonsense

used to be to sell trash red tops through the summer months of activity

now its bait-click bollocks

RANGERS have offered a deal to Gor Mahia midfielder Khalid Aucho, the Kenyan club's chairman has confirmed.

The 22-year-old has been heavily linked with the Gers as Mark Warburton continues to reinforce his squad for next season. The Ugandan told Goal.com on Thursday that 'it's true Rangers have approached me, they're interested in my services and as a matter of fact I want to join them.'

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/...club_chairman/

Exclusive: Rangers prepare international defender bid as part of triple transfer swoop

RANGERS are considering a triple swoop for defender Eitan Tibi, Tottenham's Dominic Ball and Fulham midfielder Ben Pringle.

By Scott Burns

It’s understood Ibrox boss Mark Warburton is weighing up a move for the Maccabi Tel Aviv centre-half.

The 28-year-old, who has 20 caps, has been offered to the Light Blues as they gear up for the Premiership.

Eitan-Tibi-676341.jpg

Warburton wants to strengthen his defensive options with Rob Kiernan and Danny Wilson his only recognised central defenders.

Israeli midfielder Gai Assulin has previously been on trial at Murray Park.

Rangers are also trying to re-sign Dominic Ball from Tottenham and get Fulham midfielder Ben Pringle.

They have already signed Joey Barton, Jordan Rossiter, Josh Windass and Matt Crooks.

The Gers have also been linked with Nico Kranjcar, but reports in the Balkans claim that deal is dead as his girlfriend doesn’t want to move to Scotland.

Meanwhile, Ugandan club Gor Mahia claim to have an offer from Rangers for their midfielder Khalid Aucho.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/676341/Exclusive-Rangers-Boss-Mark-Warburton-International-Defender-Triple-Swoop-News-Gossip

PUBLISHED: 22:30, Thu, Jun 2, 2016

Exclusive: Rangers prepare international defender bid as part of triple transfer swoop

RANGERS are considering a triple swoop for defender Eitan Tibi, Tottenham's Dominic Ball and Fulham midfielder Ben Pringle.

It’s understood Ibrox boss Mark Warburton is weighing up a move for the Maccabi Tel Aviv centre-half.

The 28-year-old, who has 20 caps, has been offered to the Light Blues as they gear up for the Premiership.

Warburton wants to strengthen his defensive options with Rob Kiernan and Danny Wilson his only recognised central defenders.

Israeli midfielder Gai Assulin has previously been on trial at Murray Park.

Rangers are also trying to re-sign Dominic Ball from Tottenham and get Fulham midfielder Ben Pringle.

They have already signed Joey Barton, Jordan Rossiter, Josh Windass and Matt Crooks.

The Gers have also been linked with Nico Kranjcar, but reports in the Balkans claim that deal is dead as his girlfriend doesn’t want to move to Scotland.

Meanwhile, Ugandan club Gor Mahia claim to have an offer from Rangers for their midfielder Khalid Aucho.

Chairman Ambrose Rachier said: “Gor Mahia received a letter from a Scottish club offering a deal for Khalid Aucho, but the player had no knowledge of it.

“Nothing has materialised from that and he is still our player.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/676341/Exclusive-Rangers-Boss-Mark-Warburton-International-Defender-Triple-Swoop-News-Gossip