The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Where is he going to play? At best 2nd or 3rd choice for def mid. He is not much better than Keirnan and Wilson at CB. He doesn't help fix any of our short comings, still too weak for CB and not especially strong in the air. Squad player at best when we need starting 11 players.

Rumours one of the strikers is Stewart at Dundee

How many games did he play at CB for you to come to that assessment of him at CB ? Each time he played there... which was very rare... he looked better than the other two incumbents by a fair bit.

How many games did he play at CB for you to come to that assessment of him at CB ? Each time he played there... which was very rare... he looked better than the other two incumbents by a fair bit.

....and when he played in front of them, the defensive unit as a whole looked more solid.

....and when he played in front of them, the defensive unit as a whole looked more solid.

Agreed. But my contention would be that Barton has been brought in to fill that role for next season. So Ball isn't really needed at DM. I would certainly have him in my team ahead of Kiernan or Wilson though at CB.

IMHO Ball would be an upgrade on both Kiernan and Wilson at CB. Reads the game well and is physical. Not afraid to put the head in where it hurts either.

He might be in a year or so. I'm not so sure about right now.

Regardless the difference is fairly small and we need a big step up ideally.

I would sign him if the money isn't to much.

He might be in a year or so. I'm not so sure about right now.

Regardless the difference is fairly small and we need a big step up ideally.

I would sign him if the money isn't to much.

He cant be worse than Wilson this past season. I think he is less prone to mistakes than Kiernan too. That said, mistakes at the back get highlighted more in midfield. I do remember thinking the couple of times we saw him play CB that he looked better than both Kiernan and Wilson though.

Wilson may just need a more experienced head beside him to talk him through games ala Davie Weir. Then we may see him flourish. But Ball wouldn't therefore be that person.

If Ball is being purchased for midfield then I fail to see how he fits in - with Barton, Rossiter and Halliday able to play that role one has to wonder where Ball would play in the midfield 3 ?

Record reporting an interest in Costa Rica goalkeeper Esteban Alvarado. We could have used him in the cup final, he knows how to deal with "exuberance".

I can only say I quite liked Esteban Alvarado when he played with AZ. I obviously didn't watch him as close as I would a Rangers player but he was looked at positively in Holland AFAICR

Snatched from FF ... collection

cwood

Signings update

We have started negotiations with Dominic Ball today and are in talks with 2 strikers but none of the names been spoke about in the press so far.More information once I get it.Cheers.

Been told Mr.Stewart from Dundee is one.

Others

I heard the Ball deal was done, bar a few bits of paperwork.

Ball is a permanent and all but done

cwood

Yes permanent deal for Ball.He wants to come back.

Others

We have also made enquiries with MK Dons in regards to Lee Hodson as cover for Tav.

... Lee Hodson (playing at the Euros) http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lee-hodson/profil/spieler/110356

one of the strikers welsh, and not in the euro 2016 squad

+ + +

Stewart has played 41 games for Dundee, scored 11 goals and assisted another 15. Mainly as a left and right winger.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/greg-stewart/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/156775/saison/2015/wettbewerb/SC1/verein/511

+ + +

I've been told we're not interested in Stewart. We are however signing the Hamilton GK.
Edited by der Berliner

Rangers in talks with skipper Lee Wallace over a new deal

RANGERS have opened talks with skipper Lee Wallace over a new deal.

SunSport can reveal negotiations have begun which could see the Ibrox captain pen an extended contract until the summer of 2019.

Wallace has 12 months to run on his current deal and will be free to talk to other clubs in January if he doesn’t agree terms with Gers.

But it’s understood Ibrox manager Mark Warburton, pictured left with Wallace, has made it clear he wants his situation sorted now.

As yet nothing has been finalised, but it’s believed Wallace, 28, is eager to stay.

He has become a key player for the Light Blues and a huge fans’ favourite since joining from Hearts in 2011.

Meanwhile, Niko Kranjcar’s father, Zlatko, has revealed the Croatian midfielder is still in negotiations with Gers over a move to Ibrox. The former Spurs star held talks with Warburton in the USA last month.

New York Cosmos star Kranjcar, 31, is currently injured and back home doing his coaching badges with the Croatian FA.

His former national team manager father reckons he wants to return to Europe — and that a move to Ibrox is still a possibility.

Kranjcar Sr said: “Niko’s contract with New York is about to run out and he’s injured. But he’ll be back and will play on.

“He could continue with Cosmos or go to Rangers, who he is still talking to.

“He wants to return to Europe and I think that would be good for him.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7197181/Rangers-in-talks-with-skipper-Lee-Wallace-over-a-new-deal.html