The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

We already have a number of young/promising players within the ranks - Keirnan & Wilson being 2 of them, all be it they are 25/24, but still have a lot of development in them.

I think there will be budget there for players, but only for the right ones....I don't see a massive, random spending spree. Any targets will be carefully selected & fully justified to the board.

it's early days I suppose . Personally I don't believe money is available with the way we are shopping. £200-£400k seems the most we will go.Hard to believe that the best option they could find if money was available would be clint hill.

Much more likely he is the best free available. So far the wages saved account for the wages offered. Doubt all in ,if we carry on in this vain ,we will be down very much.

The signings of krancjar ball and hill don't really account for the comments King and Robertson have made about signings recently. Hopefully that means there will be a massive upgrade in signing targets soon.

Hmmm, I don't know enough about the player but Weir has shown us, age needn't be a barrier in the SPL if you're good enough and we do need experience at the back to help develop Wilson and Kiernan.

However, I won't pretend to say this rumour has me won over. Probably the opposite to be honest.

I would normally agree. However, the two sets of circumstances are polar opposite.

When Weir was with us we played with a "proper" back 4. Mostly defending with the odd break forward from the full backs.

As good as Davie Weir was he would, IMHO, look poor in our current set up because we are, most of the time, playing with a back 2. His experience and reading of the game were exemplary, but I doubt he would be able to cover all the opponents breaking at him.

I would like an experienced CB in as I agree that Kiernan and Wilson need to have an experienced CB to talk them through games. I just cant be convinced a 37 yr old is the answer, unless he has pace.

Had hoped to see a majority of well thought of young players who had started to make an appearance for first teams like rossiter would make up the bulk of our signings. Must admit not impressed so far

CB pairing from Wilson Keirnan ball and hill seems very weak

Doesn't fill me with any confidence we have a transfer kitty of any note.

Edit. Should have said think taking all that on board these rumours of krancjar hill etc must have zero to them.

I disagree with this. I think we have plenty of young players in their early to mid 20's. I think we needed a couple of experienced players to be signed who know how to motivate those around them, show cool heads when needed, and to close games out. I think Kranjcar and Barton are excellent signings and at a decent age where they still have something to play for - Hill is a little too old for me but I wont doubt MW knows what he is doing. Like all others he would get my full support.

Interesting though that if all 3 of these come off.... all 3 experienced players play through the spine of the team. Strengthen the spine, with experience, players who will be disciplined in their positions... and allow the youngsters the opportunity to be creative and free-flowing.

I like the philosophy.

it's early days I suppose . Personally I don't believe money is available with the way we are shopping. £200-£400k seems the most we will go.Hard to believe that the best option they could find if money was available would be clint hill.

Much more likely he is the best free available. So far the wages saved account for the wages offered. Doubt all in ,if we carry on in this vain ,we will be down very much.

The signings of krancjar ball and hill don't really account for the comments King and Robertson have made about signings recently. Hopefully that means there will be a massive upgrade in signing targets soon.

How do you know that these aren't the players that Warburton WANTS to bring in ?

How can you blame King & Robertson for not providing finance is Warburton is the one who doesn't want to spend a ton of money ?

Warburton has gone on record a number of times as saying that he wants Value for Money (and before you say that Hill has no re-sale value, VFM comes in different forms) ?

King has said a number of times that finance will be made available to the manager to challenge for the league - how do you know that the reason for the cheap signings isn't Warburton ?

How do you know that King & Robertson aren't sitting saying the same as you ? That they thought they would be spending far more than the Club is - but Warburton dictates the signing policy.... so it could very well be that Warburton wants these cheaper signings.

The reality is that we simply don't know whether the funds are available or not. We simply don't know if this is MW's policy or not. But the one thing we can guarantee is that the compliant mhedia will be spinning this as "Warburton not given the money promised and has threatened to quit" type headlines.... but we simply don't know who is behind the "cheap signings".

Until the window closes there also could be much movement. I personally never expected to see multi-million pound signings, it doesn't seem to be the Warburton way... but I will take a Bosman Joey Barton and a Bosman Niko Kranjcar any day of the week.

Deja vu? Regarding transfer spending exactly the same things were said by all and sundry last season when the spend was a relative pittance yet that team ran away with the championship playing impressive football and dominated against SPL opposition too. This is Warburtons modus operandi and always has been.

He took Brentford from league 1 to the Championship and within touching distance of the EPL in two seasons with the smallest budget in the league.

How do you know that these aren't the players that Warburton WANTS to bring in ?

How can you blame King & Robertson for not providing finance is Warburton is the one who doesn't want to spend a ton of money ?

Warburton has gone on record a number of times as saying that he wants Value for Money (and before you say that Hill has no re-sale value, VFM comes in different forms) ?

King has said a number of times that finance will be made available to the manager to challenge for the league - how do you know that the reason for the cheap signings isn't Warburton ?

How do you know that King & Robertson aren't sitting saying the same as you ? That they thought they would be spending far more than the Club is - but Warburton dictates the signing policy.... so it could very well be that Warburton wants these cheaper signings.

The reality is that we simply don't know whether the funds are available or not. We simply don't know if this is MW's policy or not. But the one thing we can guarantee is that the compliant mhedia will be spinning this as "Warburton not given the money promised and has threatened to quit" type headlines.... but we simply don't know who is behind the "cheap signings".

Until the window closes there also could be much movement. I personally never expected to see multi-million pound signings, it doesn't seem to be the Warburton way... but I will take a Bosman Joey Barton and a Bosman Niko Kranjcar any day of the week.

of course we don't know. As fans the best we can do is surmise.

I haven't blamed anyone for anything. I simply said what King and Robertson said doesn't match with the talk of big signings that will help ST sales and doesn't match the paper rumours doing the rounds. Hopefully the targets in the papers are rubbish.

Agree still plenty of time in the window, but Warburton has said in an ideal world his targets would be in for the 18th. Don't think it's much of a jump to say things have not went perfectly. That's not to say it's anyone fault, who knows what has happened could be loads of reasons .

We can all only put two and two together and weigh everything done and said and make a decision. Personally when looking at everything i think we are lacking funds. Think we would have seen board loans taking place by now if the club was planning on spending larger monetary amounts on players to cover initial payments of any transfers.

If we had targets in mind that cost larger fees I think we would have heard leaks from either side of the deals by now. Bit suss we have heard of no bids before MW self imposed ideal deadline ,if we had had any intention of spending money. As you say that could be down to no funds or MW for some reason doesn't want to spend any money

KHALID AUCHO claims it’s "only a matter of time" before he seals a deal at Rangers.

His current club Gor Mahia earlier this month insisted at the start of June the Glasgow giants had made a bid for the midfielder.

Now Uganda star Aucho reckons he’s on the verge of a "dream" switch.

He told Goal: “It is just a matter of time before everything goes through. I have already done everything on my part and all that is remaining is for them to do their part and come for my services. It is my dream to play in Europe and this is a massive step in my career.

"However, until that happens, I will continue to give my best for Gor Mahia because it is my club."

WATCH Khalid Aucho in action

Aucho spoke out after being named the league’s best player for May.

He added: “I am surprised because I never saw the list and I was not aware that I was to emerge the best. I have seen that everyone who takes this award must have worked hard for it, so I think I worked hard too.

“Of course (Gor Mahia) is gonna win it (the league title). None can stop us because I am confident in it. Our secret is listening to the coach – following his instructions in training and the pitch and working hard."

READ MORE: Ranger

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-transfer-target-khalid-aucho-8197871#l8gOS5xgGi67akdB.99

Deja vu? Regarding transfer spending exactly the same things were said by all and sundry last season when the spend was a relative pittance yet that team ran away with the championship playing impressive football and dominated against SPL opposition too. This is Warburtons modus operandi and always has been.

He took Brentford from league 1 to the Championship and within touching distance of the EPL in two seasons with the smallest budget in the league.

Was actually the 3rd smallest budget... but the thrust of your post remains valid.

would be happy to see us spend £1m+ like last season at this point. We also had half a mil bid for the boy who went to Leeds knocked back. That's the best part of £2m made available last season. Ten times our spend so far.

Would expect £3m to be available this year not including wages as they are predominantly covered by players and staff leaving. Think we are close to break even this year on revenue streams with an increase in income of £3-£5m coming this year through promotion, transfer budget and breaking even should be in the realms of possibility, before loans from 3 bears and King etc are added.

Report: Rangers among five clubs keen on Sone Aluko after Hull City release

A report claims the Ibrox side are keen to re-sign their former player, alongside Birmingham City.

Rangers are one of five clubs interested in former Ibrox striker Sone Aluko, a report in Wednesday's Sun newspaper (page 55) claims.

Aluko, who scored 12 goals in 23 Light Blues appearances before being sold to Hull City, is being released by the Tigers after four years in East Yorkshire.

The 27-year-old started just eight league matches for Hull last season, scoring three goals as Steve Bruce's side were promoted back to the Premier League.

However, with top-flight experience north and south of the border, interest in Aluko is understandably high, it seems.

Birmingham City, the club at which the Nigerian began his career, are also said to be in the running, along with Burnley, Bournemouth and Derby County, whose interest was reported by the Sun earlier this month.

A report in the Scottish Sun claims that Rangers, who are set to add veteran defender Clint Hill to their ranks, are keen to sign a goalkeeper and striker this summer, and Aluko would certainly fill the latter void.

Following news of his release this month, Gers fans on Twitter clamoured for their former player's re-signing - such was his impact at Ibrox.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/15/report-rangers-among-five-clubs-keen-on-sone-aluko-after-hull-ci/