The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

KHALID AUCHO claims it’s "only a matter of time" before he seals a deal at Rangers.

His current club Gor Mahia earlier this month insisted at the start of June the Glasgow giants had made a bid for the midfielder.

Now Uganda star Aucho reckons he’s on the verge of a "dream" switch.

He told Goal: “It is just a matter of time before everything goes through. I have already done everything on my part and all that is remaining is for them to do their part and come for my services. It is my dream to play in Europe and this is a massive step in my career.

"However, until that happens, I will continue to give my best for Gor Mahia because it is my club."

Aucho spoke out after being named the league’s best player for May.

He added: “I am surprised because I never saw the list and I was not aware that I was to emerge the best. I have seen that everyone who takes this award must have worked hard for it, so I think I worked hard too.

“Of course (Gor Mahia) is gonna win it (the league title). None can stop us because I am confident in it. Our secret is listening to the coach – following his instructions in training and the pitch and working hard."

Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-transfer-target-khalid-aucho-8197871#l8gOS5xgGi67akdB.99

This boy and his agent are really annoying me. Obviously trying to tout himself. If we are just about to sign you shut up son until its done. But my guess is we're not going to sign you actually.

We have been down the High spending route before....with mixed results.

Spending £1m on a player, increases the chances of good results, but it's no guarantee. The management team need to spend wisely not excessively - This was clearly demonstrated last season. Folk weren't happy at the "bargain basement" signings, and look how that turned out!!!

As for the the Aucho chap, part of his statement made me smile:

I have already done everything on my part and all that is remaining is for them to do their part and come for my services.

Sounds like he's trying to stir up RAngers interest in himself....

Positive words from redknapp about Hill

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1357503-harry-redknapp-rangers-shouldn-t-worry-about-clint-hill-s-age/

Most people seem to trust MW and co when it comes to signings so why when it comes to spending higher amounts of money does it become no guarantee of success? Not having a go at anyone just never understand this common remark

Spending more money simply opens up more options for the management team giving us a higher chance of improving each position

Was just speaking to my new internal auditor who is a Burnley fan..... conversation goes as follows "

Me : I'm just happy that my team stole your best player

Him : So you are a Rangers fan then ?

Me : Yep

Him : All of Burnley's fans are Rangers fans now too

Me : Really ?

Him : Yep, Joey Barton is a terrific player. We didn't want him to leave

Seems that Barton won more than just a few admirers at Turf Moor last season. Cant wait to see him in action for us.

Positive words from redknapp about Hill

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1357503-harry-redknapp-rangers-shouldn-t-worry-about-clint-hill-s-age/

Most people seem to trust MW and co when it comes to signings so why when it comes to spending higher amounts of money does it become no guarantee of success? Not having a go at anyone just never understand this common remark

Spending more money simply opens up more options for the management team giving us a higher chance of improving each position

Perhaps at this stage the manager has decided that a better strategy is to spend as little as possible on transfer fees saving the kitty to pay higher wages while trying to attract top quality free agents.

Edited by JFK-1

Perhaps at this stage the manager has decided that a better strategy is to spend as little as possible on transfer fees saving the kitty to pay higher wages while trying to attract top quality free agents.
could be. Would expect to see us raise the wage bill dramatically compared to last season if that was the case.

Rumour has it wage bill was to rise by 40% when promoted. If true which not sure if it is then can't see it being a problem area needing more money.

If we are only bringing in another 3 players full time after hill with two loans or there abouts don't see there being any big difference in this year to last year.

Think the board would have been more reticent in their comments if they had expected transfer kitty to be used to up the wage budget instead of transfer fees. It will be flung in their face rightly or wrongly. When you say transfer money is available and the manager has resources fans are going to expect money signings.

Only other problem is we are not attracting top quality free agents. Barton could be argued to fall in that bracket but hill and a 33 year old krancjar would be a stretch.

As you say the manager maybe feels we don't need to spend any money to win the league next year. It would be a very brave decision to have made.

could be. Would expect to see us raise the wage bill dramatically compared to last season if that was the case.

Rumour has it wage bill was to rise by 40% when promoted. If true which not sure if it is then can't see it being a problem area needing more money.

If we are only bringing in another 3 players full time after hill with two loans or there abouts don't see there being any big difference in this year to last year.

Think the board would have been more reticent in their comments if they had expected transfer kitty to be used to up the wage budget instead of transfer fees. It will be flung in their face rightly or wrongly. When you say transfer money is available and the manager has resources fans are going to expect money signings.

Only other problem is we are not attracting top quality free agents. Barton could be argued to fall in that bracket but hill and a 33 year old krancjar would be a stretch.

As you say the manager maybe feels we don't need to spend any money to win the league next year. It would be a very brave decision to have made.

He has always referred to it as a "project" and on his part it's a minimum 3 year project. The transfer window will be open for sometime yet and there will be another in January so there may yet be more spending for this season either in this window or the next. Might be wise to save a chunk to see how the land lies between the start of the season and January?

Plus as you suggest if he thinks this team is already good enough to even just get a top 3 spot then he will be ahead of Dave Kings initial plan. King said Europa league was a minimum expectation but he also said that it wouldn't neccesarily be in the first season back so if the team secured a Europa league spot they're ahead of schedule.

And the manager was promised "resources" to strengthen the team. I expect it's entirely up to him how he chooses to use those resources whether it be on transfer fees or wages.