The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

We need a bit of experience if we have to go for Hill it's fine by me it might make a player of Wilson and bring out the player that is Kiernan.

I renewed my season ticket with the expectation of a top six finish first year and a top three with a challenge for top in second year.

I think it is better to walk before we can run.

Correct, 33k renewed their ST's because of the progress that was made last season by MW - or that should have been the driving factor anyway.

I think that MW has deserved belief from the supporters for the brand of football that we played last season, the fact we won the Championship comfortably, showing with last season's players that we can compete with the SPL teams (St Johnston result aside, we drew and beat Killie, thumped Dundee and drew with Celtic). All whilst playing an expansive brand of football.

I suspect that is the reason the vast majority renewed.

But if you renewed because you expected multi-million pound signings or the 18 yr old next Messi then you are more than likely in for disappointment.

Me ? I will trust that MW knows what he is doing. The Championship is a far tougher league than the SPL and Hill seems to have been very highly thought of at QPR. So much as though a 37 yr old doesn't exactly excite me - knowing he had a fairly successful season in a very difficult league, added to the fact that the last guy we signed in his late 30's showed that age is merely a number and performed exceptionally well for 4-5 yrs at the top level of Scottish football (at a time when the standard of player was much higher than it is now....thank you Davie Weir) leaves me very much giving Warburton the benefit of the doubt.

He hasnt exactly played many games over the past couple of seasons has he? And he has had his injury problems in the past.

Davie weir for me is/was a one-off because I dont think there are many players who have gone thro' their careers with so few injuries as him I can recall.

" Former Queens Park Rangers defender Clint Hill is expected to arrive in Glasgow on Friday to finalise a move to Rangers.

The 37-year-old is due to discuss terms and undergo a medical.

Hill is available as a free agent after leaving the English Championship club and is likely to sign a one-year deal.

He spent six years with the London club but was released at the end of the season after playing only 15 times in the last campaign.

Hill would become Rangers' fifth signing of the summer after the arrivals of midfielders Matt Crooks, Josh Windass, Jordan Rossiter and Joey Barton.

The defender began his career with Tranmere Rovers and had spells with Oldham Athletic, Stoke City and Crystal Palace before switching to Loftus Road. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36554932

Will just have to hope hill isn't the only defender coming in or one of only 3 more permanent signings.

Don't even really understand why we would want a coach who is a complete novice either. Would far prefer a coach with a history of sorting out weak defences was brought in.

He did with ... Waghorn, Tavernier, Kiernan, Holt, Forrester, Ball etc. ... and sent Oduwa away when it did not click. Patience, young padawan ;)

For me the jury is still out on tavernier(defensively) Kiernan and Foderingham I wouldn't say they have been a huge success. Tavernier is good going forward and is always a danger but he is a defender foremost and he is pretty weak at that.