The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Underwhelmed by this. We now have more than enough over-30's in our squad. Thought the plan was to find good young promising players with sell-on value? Hill does not seem to me like like a Weir-type signing, more like the type we had when McLeish was told he had no money. Still, that's the first criticism I've had of MW's signing policy.

We'll only have four IF we sign Hill and Kranjcar to join Barton and Miller. Out of 20, that's not a bad percentage to ensure experience.

Speaking of experience have Barton , Hill or krancjar won many leagues or cups?

No idea but probably not many - if any.

However, they've all played at a good level in the game so I'd hope will have a good understanding of what's required.

No idea but probably not many - if any.

However, they've all played at a good level in the game so I'd hope will have a good understanding of what's required.

Have they all not won promotion to the EPL at some point?

Clint Hill

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clint_Hill_(footballer)

Joey Barton

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joey_Barton

Niko Kranjčar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niko_Kranj%C4%8Dar#Honours

Edited by ian1964

Speaking of experience have Barton , Hill or krancjar won many leagues or cups?

Hill won the Championship, and got promoted a 2nd time through the Play-offs.

Barton has won the Championship twice, and got promoted a 3rd time via the play-offs.

Kranjcar has won 8 titles (Leagues, Cups and Super Cups) in his native Croatia -- not sure how prestigious they are, but they are titles I suppose -- and won the FA Cup with Portsmouth, and got promoted with QPR.

Interestingly, they've all won Player-of-the-Year awards at various clubs. That can't be a bad thing?

I never noticed the QPR link before. Perhaps Warburton has a contact? The players he scouts seem to be those he knows, has worked with before, or trusts someone who knows them.

Edited by Rousseau

" CLINT HILL has touched down at Glasgow Airport ahead of joining Rangers.

The veteran defender was released by QPR at the end of last season but is wanted by Mark Warburton.

We told you earlier today the 37-year-old, who will be 38 in October, was due in Scotland for a medical and to put the finishing touches to his one-year deal. "

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/clint-hill-arrives-glasgow-airport-8215817?

Why on earth did I have it in my head that this guy was black ?

" CLINT HILL has touched down at Glasgow Airport ahead of joining Rangers.

The veteran defender was released by QPR at the end of last season but is wanted by Mark Warburton.

We told you earlier today the 37-year-old, who will be 38 in October, was due in Scotland for a medical and to put the finishing touches to his one-year deal. "

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/clint-hill-arrives-glasgow-airport-8215817?

Why on earth did I have it in my head that this guy was black ?

Maybe you thought he was a "mole Hill.:drum::celebrate:

Hill won the Championship, and got promoted a 2nd time through the Play-offs.

Barton has won the Championship twice, and got promoted a 3rd time via the play-offs.

Kranjcar has won 8 titles (Leagues, Cups and Super Cups) in his native Croatia -- not sure how prestigious they are, but they are titles I suppose -- and won the FA Cup with Portsmouth, and got promoted with QPR.

Interestingly, they've all won Player-of-the-Year awards at various clubs. That can't be a bad thing?

I never noticed the QPR link before. Perhaps Warburton has a contact? The players he scouts seem to be those he knows, has worked with before, or trusts someone who knows them.

that all seems quite promising, all have sampled the stress of a title run in. Can only help

On the subject of Barton I see Brazil was giving it the "Joey's a celtic fan, oh i don't want to get him in to trouble" nonsense this morning.

I couldn't care less who Joey Barton supports, the same as I didn't care who MoJo supported. The ONLY thing that matters to me, and the vast majority of Rangers fans is "Can he perform well for Rangers".

As Barton put it when asked about his Celtic allegiances... "Just wait till you see the first Old Firm game to see where my allegiances are". That will do for me.