The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Clint Hill's the most uninspiring looking signing we've made in a long time.

The proof will be in performances, not perception.

It is almost unanimous from QPR fans in Twitter world tha Hill will be very much a success with us. They didn't want to lose him.

And what is it that you continually say about Championship, League One and League Two ? Far better standard than the SPL...... so we should be ok

Can't and won't get behind this signing strategy. It's akin to the sort of signing I would have expected from Mccoist. You don't have to be a bang average 38 year old to bring experience to a squad.

We are crying out for two CB's that can play week in week out. Feels a bit like the manager can't admit when he's got it wrong. Wilson and Keirnan cannot start the majority of games this season if we seriously want to win the league that is as clear as day. All the instruction in the world is not going too change that

I know most won't like strong opinions but we are all permitted one. Krancjar, Hill, and Miller is just not good enough. One I can understand but 4 out of a rumoured 6 or 7 signings who bring zero sell on and do nothing to build for the future is a poor strategy. We needed 3 or 4 around 25-28 year olds to accompany the untested players like crooks, windass and Rossiter.

Edited by trublusince1982

It is almost unanimous from QPR fans in Twitter world tha Hill will be very much a success with us. They didn't want to lose him.

And what is it that you continually say about Championship, League One and League Two ? Far better standard than the SPL...... so we should be ok

I will wait to see how they perform before judging,like sensible fans would!

Clint Hill: I will prove doubters wrong over my age at Rangers

Raman Bhardwaj Raman Bhardwaj

2 hours ago

The 37-year-old says he "feels like a kid" as he joins the Scottish Premiership club.

Clint Hill says he will prove doubters wrong over his age, claiming he "feels like a kid" over his move to Rangers.

The 37-year-old was in Glasgow completed a medical and signed a one-year deal with Mark Warburton's team.

The defender will meet the media on Friday despite questions over his age, with some querying the signing of a player so far into the twilight of his career.

But Hill says he will prove such criticism wrong, relishing the opportunity to play for Warburton and a club the size of Rangers.

"I'm very mindful of the fact that people will question it," he said as he arrived at Glasgow Airport.

"I'm 37, I'm not a big name signing compared to some of the great players who have played for this club, but I will give everything I've got.

"I've done that over my career at every club I've been to. I think I've proved some people wrong at clubs I've been at as well and I'm very determined to do that here.

"I could have gone other places, maybe gone abroad and maybe chilled out on a beach somewhere with no pressure on me.

"I've always been up for a challenge in my career, and there's certainly nothing bigger than this.

"I feel like a kid, I'm not going to lie to you. I might be 37 but I feel like a kid again. I'm ready to go, I'm ready to work and I'm not here for a jolly."

Hill has joined up with his former Queens Park Rangers teammate Joey Barton at Rangers, with another former teammate Niko Krancjar tipped to make the move to Ibrox as well this summer.

"Hopefully we will compliment what they already have here," he said. "I'm keen to work with them as well and feel inspired by the young kids at the club."

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1357762-clint-hill-i-will-prove-doubters-wrong-over-my-age-at-rangers/

Can't and won't get behind this signing strategy. It's akin to the sort of signing I would have expected from Mccoist. You don't have to be a bang average 38 year old to bring experience to a squad.

We are crying out for two CB's that can play week in week out. Feels a bit like the manager can't admit when he's got it wrong. Wilson and Keirnan cannot start the majority of games this season if we seriously want to win the league that is as clear as day. All the instruction in the world is not going too change that

I know most won't like strong opinions but we are all permitted one. Krancjar, Hill, and Miller is just not good enough. One I can understand but 4 out of a rumoured 6 or 7 signings who bring zero sell on and do nothing to build for the future is a poor strategy. We needed 3 or 4 around 25-28 year olds to accompany the untested players like crooks, windass and Rossiter.

yes and no

it indicates there is no money to spend - that is fine the club is hamstrung financially due to the ongong retail nonsense

he may be a good foil to kiernan or wilson in that he puts himself about physically at set pieces as we are woeful at that side of the game currently

whether he lasts physically - that is the gamble.

Clint Hill's the most uninspiring looking signing we've made in a long time.

I shook my head at Weir and Dailly both did a job for us. I imagine Hill is to do the same. Don't see him as a regular but very much someone that will be given jobs to do and can see him doing efficiently.

This is a Rangers message board so expressing an opinion on a signing seems pretty normal behaviour :).

It's the part that he's almost 38 and hasn't featured regularly in the last two years that concerns me. I was hoping we'd be focusing more on continental players this year because this signing looks like it's scraping the bottom of the barrel. Joey Barton was quite a coup but this is the type of signing I'd expect someone like Aberdeen to make.