The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Seriously? Danny Ings is roughly valued at 9m by TM, and that is more or less without the EPL inflation added. He's contracted till 2020 and if we are almightily lucky, we might get him on a season long loan.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/danny-ings/profil/spieler/134294

EDIT: jellybeans from Ff said as much:

Just when I thought the madness was over. From the same source I got the Barton story. We have enquired about taking Danny Ings on loan.
Edited by der Berliner

@JimWhite Hearing #Rangers' Mark Warburton wants to add 3-4 other players, and maintains interest in Niko Kranjčar

Seriously hope MW is low balling that figure

Why? Half a dozen or so is ample this window.

Last seasons start may have been revolutionary but the long term plan was always going to be evolutionary with players coming in incrementally better than those they replace.

Edited by forlanssister

Why? Half a dozen or so is ample this window.

Last seasons start may have been revolutionary but the long term plan was always going to be evolutionary with players coming in incrementally better than those they replace.

just my opinion FS. Don't think the squad is good enough yet . Need 5 first 11 players that can be expected to play 30-40 games. Krancjar,hill and Miller can't be expected to play that amount in my opinion. Don't think Hardie or Thompson are ready yet nor aird if he stays.

Ohalleron,foderingham,Wilson, and maybe Keirnan are not good enough to start the majority of games. We still have the same weaknesses as last year nothing much has changed if you include hill and krancjar as signings. Barton and rossiter will strengthen the defensive midfield but don't see that helping much with set plays etc.Still lacking 2 regular CB's an attacking mid , a striker who can play through the middle and hold up play and we are still lacking a right winger. Would also like to see a bit more athleticism and skill added to the squad. Still also need cover for right and left back that can play in the same style as Wallace and Tav. No good putting ball if he comes in at right back our whole attacking emphasise would be massively reduced

I expect to win the league. The squad the way it is in my opinion will land between 6th and 3rd depending on how luck prevails will injuries etc. We can't defend and Hill playing 15 to 20 games over a season in our formation doesn't fill me with any confidence what so ever.

Hardly fair given he wasn't really needed.
fair enough add King instead and the fact our biggest outlay in o'halleron didnt do very well ?

To be fair Holt, Tav, waghorn, Halliday and forester have all done fantastic and look to have increased their worth while looking good enough to play at a higher level

I am a bit of a dreamer at times and dream of winning the SPL but as a realist it is too far a step this season top six yes top three a bonus.

As the sign in a cafe said "The impossible I can do but MIRACLES take longer"

just my opinion FS. Don't think the squad is good enough yet . Need 5 first 11 players that can be expected to play 30-40 games. Krancjar,hill and Miller can't be expected to play that amount in my opinion.

Krancjar is younger than Barton and Barton made 38 appearances for Burnley last season so I expect Krancjar can do the same in a less demanding league. Kenny Miller made 32 appearances last season playing in a much more demanding role than Hill will be so I think it may be speculative to question how much play we can get from Hill.

And since we still don't know how the likes of Crooks will be deployed I would disagree that we have the same weaknesses we did last time out. And I suspect the remoulded midfield alone may make a huge difference to what gets through to the defence at all.

To me it's shaping up to be a far more formidable oufit than last season and last season even "the best team in Scotland" struggled to cope with a team that was vastly weakened by injuries and cup tied status.

just my opinion FS. Don't think the squad is good enough yet . Need 5 first 11 players that can be expected to play 30-40 games. Krancjar,hill and Miller can't be expected to play that amount in my opinion. Don't think Hardie or Thompson are ready yet nor aird if he stays.

Ohalleron,foderingham,Wilson, and maybe Keirnan are not good enough to start the majority of games. We still have the same weaknesses as last year nothing much has changed if you include hill and krancjar as signings. Barton and rossiter will strengthen the defensive midfield but don't see that helping much with set plays etc.Still lacking 2 regular CB's an attacking mid , a striker who can play through the middle and hold up play and we are still lacking a right winger. Would also like to see a bit more athleticism and skill added to the squad. Still also need cover for right and left back that can play in the same style as Wallace and Tav. No good putting ball if he comes in at right back our whole attacking emphasise would be massively reduced

I expect to win the league. The squad the way it is in my opinion will land between 6th and 3rd depending on how luck prevails will injuries etc. We can't defend and Hill playing 15 to 20 games over a season in our formation doesn't fill me with any confidence what so ever.

I expect Halliday will be cover at LB and will be on the bench more often than starting, also the midfield will provide better protection than we witnessed last season.

Think Hardie and Thomson will go out on loan again which will probably be better for them and us than bench warming or the U20's. Doubt we'll see Aird again.

O'Halloran needs to hit the ground running this season but I think our style of play with the full backs so far forward means his chances to use his pace are limited and that was a huge part of his game at St Johnstone also doesn't appear to link up with the full backs well at all especially when compared to MacKay.

I too expect to win the league and see no reason why we won't be in the top 2 at least. Also think the formation we play will be tweaked more than we've seen.

I expect Halliday will be cover at LB and will be on the bench more often than starting, also the midfield will provide better protection than we witnessed last season.

Think Hardie and Thomson will go out on loan again which will probably be better for them and us than bench warming or the U20's. Doubt we'll see Aird again.

O'Halloran needs to hit the ground running this season but I think our style of play with the full backs so far forward means his chances to use his pace are limited and that was a huge part of his game at St Johnstone also doesn't appear to link up with the full backs well at all especially when compared to MacKay.

I too expect to win the league and see no reason why we won't be in the top 2 at least. Also think the formation we play will be tweaked more than we've seen.

I may be way off but I actually fancy O'Halloran through the middle. I see a Vardy in him running the channels. I think he is wasted in a wide position. As I say I may be miles out.

Krancjar is younger than Barton and Barton made 38 appearances for Burnley last season so I expect Krancjar can do the same in a less demanding league. Kenny Miller made 32 appearances last season playing in a much more demanding role than Hill will be so I think it may be speculative to question how much play we can get from Hill.

And since we still don't know how the likes of Crooks will be deployed I would disagree that we have the same weaknesses we did last time out. And I suspect the remoulded midfield alone may make a huge difference to what gets through to the defence at all.

To me it's shaping up to be a far more formidable oufit than last season and last season even "the best team in Scotland" struggled to cope with a team that was vastly weakened by injuries and cup tied status.

In the last 5-6 years think he has played more then 30 games once. Had a wee look on phone and think that's right could be mistaken. The league is going to be very physical this season he will be doing well to play that amount if his history is anything to go by.

Barton and Rossiter are both players who get forward while also defending. Would think they will play a similar role that Halliday and holt played. Will be interesting to see if he plays with two sitting or not.

As FS has said crooks does look a decent player but think he will be defensive midfield and down the pecking order a bit FM made some comments along these lines.Don't see him playing at CB unless we have serious injury problems. How Hill will fair with his lack of pace at the back would suggest we will defend a bit deeper so maybe the two holding midfielders might be on the cards.