The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Can't and won't get behind this signing strategy. It's akin to the sort of signing I would have expected from Mccoist. You don't have to be a bang average 38 year old to bring experience to a squad.

We are crying out for two CB's that can play week in week out. Feels a bit like the manager can't admit when he's got it wrong. Wilson and Keirnan cannot start the majority of games this season if we seriously want to win the league that is as clear as day. All the instruction in the world is not going too change that

I know most won't like strong opinions but we are all permitted one. Krancjar, Hill, and Miller is just not good enough. One I can understand but 4 out of a rumoured 6 or 7 signings who bring zero sell on and do nothing to build for the future is a poor strategy. We needed 3 or 4 around 25-28 year olds to accompany the untested players like crooks, windass and Rossiter.

It's a big world out there and our signing policy shouldn't be almost exclusively focused on players playing in Britain. I'm quite sure a decent scout could easily find a younger, superior defender to Clint Hill without much hassle.

" KHALID AUCHO's agent has accused Kenyan side Gor Mahia of trying to sabotage the midfielder's move to Rangers. Aucho said this week that his move to the Ibrox was close to being finalised, claiming it was 'just a matter of time' before he would become a Rangers player.

However, the midfielder's transfer has stalled and his agent Geoffrey Kavemba has accused Gor Mahia of deliberately delaying the move by refusing to grant Aucho a release letter.

"It pains me to see Gor Mahia officials playing a cat and mouse game,” Kavemba said.

“They have declined to provide my client with the release letter and yet they are aware of the entire deal.”

Gor Mahia have since hit back at the agent's allegations and told South African website SuperSport that they are not aware of Aucho's impending transfer but merely expect him to go for trials.

"We do not know the agent and I am surprised by his sentiments,” club chairman Ambrose Rachier said. “As a club we can never deny a player any opportunity to progress. Aucho called me on Wednesday and I instructed Ronald Ngala to give him a letter allowing him to go for trials until June 25th.

“We are also requesting the agent to avail to us the letter from Rangers so that we can have it in our files. “Aucho told me he is going for trials and we have allowed him and wish him the best in the trials.

“As a club we seek ways of ensuring players get opportunities but it’s also important to follow laid down procedures.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/680966/Rangers-Transfer-News-Khalid-Aucho-Kenya-Midfielder-Gor-Mahia-Agent-Geoffrey-Kavemba

GLASGOW Rangers have completed the signing of central defender Clint Hill and raised questions whether they would still have interest in Plymouth Argyle's Curtis Nelson.

The Pilgrims' 23-year-old captain is out of contract at Home Park this summer and after more than 200 appearances for the Green Army may decide now is the right time to depart.

Read more: http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/are-rangers-interested-in-curtis-nelson-defensive-signing-might-put-an-end-to-rumours/story-29414574-

[tweet]744201347101241344[/tweet]

This is the ideal place to hold transfer discussions? The patio of a restaurant.

How would you know it is transfer discussions and not just an initial meeting to speak to the kid about Rangers, his aspirations, thoughts and to generally find out what kind of person he is ?

I doubt McParland would be involved in transfer discussions - that isn't a scouts job

Adrian Mariappa was at Watford for 7 years and MW has probably already worked with him.

edit (detail via wikipedia)

MW was appointed manager of academy at Watford in 2006

Mariappa joined Watford in 2005 (via their youth system) at around 18 years old.

He captained the club's under-18 side

Edited by buster.