The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

I may be way off but I actually fancy O'Halloran through the middle. I see a Vardy in him running the channels. I think he is wasted in a wide position. As I say I may be miles out.

You're not that far off Pete!

Squad in "natural" and optional positions, aligned 4-3-3, as of June 17th 2016, including Hill and Krancjar

GOALIES

Wes Foderingham (25)

Cammy Bell (28)

Liam Kelly (20)

DEFENDERS

James Tavernier (25) - Rob Kiernan (25) - Danny Wilson (24) - Lee Wallace (28)

Fraser Aird (21) – Clint Hill (37) – Matt Crooks (22) - (Clint Hill (37))

XXXX XXXX - (James Tavernier (25)) - XXXX XXXX - (Jordan Thompson (19))

MIDFIELDERS

Jason Holt (23) - Joey Barton (33) - (Andy Halliday (24))

(Fraser Aird (21)) – Andy Halliday (24) - (Barrie McKay (20))

(Joey Barton (33)) – Jordan Rossiter (19) - Tom Walsh (19)

XXXX XXXX – (Matt Crooks (22)) - XXXX XXXX

XXXX XXXX – Josh Windass (22) - XXXX XXXX

(Nico Krancjar (31)) - Nico Krancjar (31) - (Nico Krancjar (31))

(Tom Walsh (19)) – Andy Murdoch (21) - XXXX XXXX

(Jordan Thompson (19)) - Jordan Thompson (19) - XXXX XXXX

XXXX XXXX - Robbie Crawford (23) - XXXX XXXX

STRIKERS

Michael O'Halloran (25) - Kenny Miller (34) – Barrie McKay (20)

(Martyn Waghorn (26)) - Martyn Waghorn (26) - Harry Forrester (25)

(Harry Forrester (25)) - (Harry Forrester (25)) - (Michael O'Halloran (25))

XXXX XXXX – Ryan Hardie () - (Martyn Waghorn (26))

(Kenny Miller (34)) - (Michael O'Halloran (25)) - XXXX XXXX

Edited by der Berliner

As FS has said crooks does look a decent player but think he will be defensive midfield and down the pecking order a bit FM made some comments along these lines.Don't see him playing at CB unless we have serious injury problems. How Hill will fair with his lack of pace at the back would suggest we will defend a bit deeper so maybe the two holding midfielders might be on the cards.

I'm intrugued by Crooks, I think he may turn out to be a valuable acquisition. He's a 6ft 4" tank of a guy who even if he is playing in the midfield I expect may be back there in the centre helping to defend against corners lofted high into the box which was exactly what lost us the first goal in the semi. That alone helps solve one problem from last season. I was cringing at every corner.

I'm intrugued by Crooks, I think he may turn out to be a valuable acquisition. He's a 6ft 4" tank of a guy who even if he is playing in the midfield I expect may be back there in the centre helping to defend against corners lofted high into the box which was exactly what lost us the first goal in the semi. That alone helps solve one problem from last season. I was cringing at every corner.

I'm certain MW sees what we all see!,and will address the problems as best he can,I'm looking forward to this season and am already getting impatient!:)

Underwhelmed by this. We now have more than enough over-30's in our squad. Thought the plan was to find good young promising players with sell-on value? Hill does not seem to me like like a Weir-type signing, more like the type we had when McLeish was told he had no money. Still, that's the first criticism I've had of MW's signing policy.

Underwhelmed by this. We now have more than enough over-30's in our squad. Thought the plan was to find good young promising players with sell-on value? Hill does not seem to me like like a Weir-type signing, more like the type we had when McLeish was told he had no money. Still, that's the first criticism I've had of MW's signing policy.

We were all saying that last year IIRR. Warburton likes to build a team and not 11 individual players. We should not look at each player individually but how they will fit in the team. Belgium is the perfect example for me. Great individual players but Italy had the better team

It's still a side with a very young average and I would say it probably has just the right touch of over 30's for experience and in addition those over 30's are of a greater quality. Who is seen as the star man for the opposition? Brown no less and he will be 31 this month. The same age as Krancjar.

I am not sure if this has been posted before as I have only looked on this page. It is a post from Jellybean on FF who predicted Barton when many said he was crazy.

Just when I thought the madness was over. From the same source I got the Barton story. We have enquired about taking Danny Ings on loan.

Note he said enquired.

You could say an experienced 'spine' is being put in place with Hill, Barton and MIller but until we see what we have at the close of the transfer window and what first XI is favoured by the manager, it's difficult to say.

I've never seen Hill play but Barton and Miller have quality aswell as experience. The other thing is about leading by example. We know that Miller has a great attitude and if Barton brings his 'A' game then that helps our midfield and defence greatly. The old phrase 'a team of captains' might apply next season.

On the other hand, there will be the younger players in there beside the experience. It's about getting things right from the off and creating a competitive enviroment of excellence where you have to be showing at a good level to be considered for the first XI.

I am not sure if this has been posted before as I have only looked on this page. It is a post from Jellybean on FF who predicted Barton when many said he was crazy.

Note he said enquired.

JB's post is from 4 weeks ago.

Our main site live blog details the best of the rumours:

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/627-rangers-transfer-rumours-and-deals-live-summer-blog