The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

That can't be true mate.

We signed guys like Black and Templeton on very good contracts...who have they got?

not sure who has been released since they went down but they had a couple on £9000-£12000 a week believe it or not. Big guy who played in midfield for them was highest paid. They also offer heavy bonuses on top of weekly wages. Robertson before being sold was able to walk out with £14k one week when he scored and they won, and that was a young player.

Source is impeccable.

Edited by trublusince1982

AFAIK Bell still has a year to run on his contract. Dont think Dundee Utd could afford his wages for his final year.

Could always just give him a severance package amounting to half his wages for the year and let them pay the other half. It gets him off the books for half the price of him taking full wages with no chance of being in the team and for his part he would lose no money and be playing.

Could always just give him a severance package amounting to half his wages for the year and let them pay the other half. It gets him off the books for half the price of him taking full wages with no chance of being in the team and for his part he would lose no money and be playing.

That would cost them the best part of £150-£200k. Cant see them have that sort of money

Glasgow Rangers hunt Walsall striker - but Saddlers boss refuses to sweat it

RANGERS have emerged as frontrunners to sign Walsall striker Tom Bradshaw this summer – but Saddlers boss Jon Whitney insists he's losing little sleep over the transfer rumours.

The Glasgow giants are readying for their first season back in the Scottish Premier League and Gers boss Mark Warburton is believed to be keen on Bradshaw.

Back-to-back 20-goal seasons have alerted a host of clubs – including Championship sides Reading, Preston North End and Birmingham City – to Bradshaw's potential.

Walsall face a battle to hang on to their 23-year-old star striker – whose contract runs out in 12 months – this summer especially as his international ambitions grow.

Bradshaw made his Wales debut earlier this year and might well have made Chris Coleman's Euro 2016 squad if not for a calf injury that ended his pre-tournament training camp.

And Walsall boss Whitney admits the uncertainty over Bradshaw's future means he already has one eye on potential replacements.

Asked if a Bradshaw departure was a worry, Whitney said: "I wouldn't worry for one minute about it because once he's gone, he's gone. I couldn't do anything about that.

"I'm very dynamic and proactive. I'll deal with what's in front of me. If Tom moves on, I'll wish him all the best.

"I'll do what I can to keep him but if he goes I'll find somebody else.

"It might take time to develop him like it did with Tom for the first 12 months, to make him stronger and more robust for League One but I can do that again.

"I've got a good eye for players and we understand the kind of young, energetic targets with huge potential that we are after."

Whitney admitted he wanted Bradshaw's future sorted out sooner rather than later but, as it stands, he expects the striker back for pre-season training at the end of the month.

Read more: http://www.walsalladvertiser.co.uk/Glasgow-Rangers-hunt-Walsall-striker-Saddlers/story-29394420-detail/story.html#ixzz4BSkHHTtC

Follow us: @Walsalladv on Twitter | walsall.advertiser.official on Facebook

Bradshaw wasn't included in the Wales squad for the Euros as they must rate Robson-Kanu higher. The latter is without a club currently. Wouldn't we be better going for him? Or is Bradshaw being lined up for his potential?

Bradshaw wasn't included in the Wales squad for the Euros as they must rate Robson-Kanu higher. The latter is without a club currently. Wouldn't we be better going for him? Or is Bradshaw being lined up for his potential?

Technically Robson-Kanu is a winger but he does very well as a striker for Wales -- and Reading, at times. I'm surprised he's a free agent TBH. I agree, he'd be a good target. He'd play on the shoulder and push the defence back.

Maybe we have the same issue again: a player who performs best in a side that counter-attacks? Not sure how Bradshaw is any different, but I haven't watched him much -- other than a few games where Walsall did dominate possession.

While I do not know whether they rate Robson-Kanu higher, Bradshaw is currently injured, hence he is not included in the squad.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tom-bradshaw/profil/spieler/139781

Bradshaw misses out on Euro 2016

OM Bradshaw will not be involved in Chris Coleman’s Wales’ Euro 2016 squad, after leaving the training camp in Portugal with a calf injury.

The striker, who had came through the Academy at Aberystwyth Town, was selected for the 29-man training squad. However, he had been rested to give him more time to recover from his exertions in Walsall’s play-off campaign.

The FAW, however, have confirmed that the 23-year-old, who made his debut against Ukraine in March, was due to leave their base at the Vale do Lobo resort on Thursday.

Coleman will whittle down his squad and name his final 23-man squad for France on Tuesday. Wales then take on Sweden in a friendly on 5 June in Stockholm, before they gear up for the Euro tournament.

Meanwhile Walsall are facing a battle to keep Bradshaw, with a number of Championship clubs reported to be lining up bids.

It is believed that Preston were the first club to make a bid for the player this summer, with a £400,000 offer being lodged. That figure, however, is believed to be far below the figure that Walsall are prepared to accept for their top scorer.

Bradshaw had joined Walsall from Shrewsbury Town for a nominal fee, and has scored 20 goals in both seasons with the Saddlers.

If Bradshaw, who was raised in Tywyn, does move on, Shrewsbury Town will be entitled to some of the fee, having negotiated a 20 per cent sell-on when the player moved from Shropshire.

Reading and Birmingham are also rumoured to be interested, while Nottingham Forest and Bristol City have also previously shown their interest in the player.

http://www.cambrian-news.co.uk/article.cfm?id=105416&headline=Bradshaw%20misses%20out%20on%20Euro%202016&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016