The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Only Barton for me has the necessary pedigree and quality required to go straight into our first team out of all the signings made to date. Our weaknesses, there for all to see in the faltering last few weeks of the season resulting in losing a cup final to a terrible hibs side, should not be forgotten and the priority signings are certainly not Dom Ball, who couldnt even get into a centre half position ahead of the awful Wilson/Kiernan partnership.

Where oh where are our two centre backs, centre forward and creative midfield player? Where is our full-back cover? GK cover? The squad is nowhere near complete.

I am still relatively calm given we are still not even in pre-season however.

You sound like your starting to believe Phil 3 names. Have patience my boy,all will be well.

Or not.:)

Only Barton for me has the necessary pedigree and quality required to go straight into our first team out of all the signings made to date. Our weaknesses, there for all to see in the faltering last few weeks of the season resulting in losing a cup final to a terrible hibs side, should not be forgotten and the priority signings are certainly not Dom Ball, who couldnt even get into a centre half position ahead of the awful Wilson/Kiernan partnership.

Where oh where are our two centre backs, centre forward and creative midfield player? Where is our full-back cover? GK cover? The squad is nowhere near complete.

I am still relatively calm given we are still not even in pre-season however.

I would imagine that our creative midfielder would be Krankjcar, no ?

Going by an average of 50 mins in 124 games and 32 goals plus 23 assists is value for money for me, for an attacking midfielder that run his socks off, and played wherever he was asked too.

He isn't good enough for a new contract, that is the only stat that is relevant at this point.

Net VFM isn't just a key objective, it is a MUST,... if we are to achieve anywhere close to what we want to, on the budget that will be available.

It's not just about the playing squad.

From the game video analyser to the chief scout to the first team mgmt team....contribute or go.

I can confirm that the Club are VERY HAPPY with the video analyst :D

You sound like your starting to believe Phil 3 names. Have patience my boy,all will be well.

Or not.:)

I don't read anything 3 names has to say and give credence to his ramblings even less. I know MW likes to get his business done early in order to work in pre-season with the team he wants to start the season with. Under other managers we were happy as long as the signings were made right up to our first competitive match, which is about 5 weeks away. Our first day of pre-season is 10 days away (I think?), so ONLY by MW's stated aims is time getting close and huge big holes in our squad still requiring filling.

I am still working on 5 weeks to get the players in, so not too bothered by lack of action at this stage with everyone on holiday.

Is that where he plays? If so, I would be happy with that. Of course, he hasn't signed yet!

Not even pre-season yet - we will have him in shortly. I say that based on exactly nothing :D

Krankjcar is a class act. If he signs he will do a job similar to what Ronald de Boer did for us.

My only concern is his fitness.

Too far!!! If he is a quarter as good as Ronald De Boer he'll be doing well