The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

STRIKER James Vaughan could sign for Scottish giants Rangers.

The ex-Everton ace, 27, is in talks but would prefer to stay in England after leaving Huddersfield in the close season.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1305288/chelsea-want-barcelona-teen-sergio-gomez-while-leeds-want-to-sign-manchester-united-starlet-ashley-fletcher/

Vaughan might just be too big a risk.

He's 28 next month & has never hit the heights expected of him.

Would appear like a Francis Jeffers type signing again to me unfortunately.

I don't get why he was carded for that tackle. It was a fantastic tackle in which he took the ball then the attacker performed some almost comical theatrics in an effort to get him carded.

Sometimes it's hard to tell when someone is joking or not, but.....Studs to the kneecap are gonna get you booked and the way he lunged in probably made it look worse

Do keep in mind: it is Sunday! Of all rumours, those of Sunday are the most likely to be filed under "rubbish".

Stop spoiling the fun!,it is the transfer rumour thread!,pish or not!:)

Does nobody else have any concerns about us basically exclusively filling our squad with lower league English players? They're easily good enough for Scottish football but I'd like to see us being a decent Europa League side - at the very least - in the not too distant future.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Does nobody else have any concerns about us basically exclusively filling our squad with lower league English players? They're easily good enough for Scottish football but I'd like to see us being a decent Europa League side - at the very least - in the not too distant future.

A journey which includes some small steps!

the club's strangled by the commercial deal

i think MW has done really well considering the outlay so far.

Pretty despondent with our transfer dealings (especially the strongly linked players) so far. Really thought we would spend some money on highly rated young players who are ready to burst onto the scene. Like Rossiter, he was a great start and made me think finally we had the right idea and people in place to find and finance these sort of recruits.

We have talked a really good game, unfortunately so far we have not walked the walk. The squad as it is plus krancjar and Miappa just doesn't look anywhere near enough for me to seriously think we can challenge over a season. My biggest fear is we end up getting good offers for the few decent young players we have like Mckay and Rossiter within the next 12 months and it just leaves us with the older players too start all over with again.

Hopefully in the next week we see the cheque book opening up a bigger pool of players to choose from.