The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

Reported Rangers target heading for Dons trial

A UGANDAN international reportedly heading for Ibrox will instead be travelling to Pittodrie for a trial.

Khalid Aucho, currently with Kenyan outfit Gor Mahia, had apparently claimed he was heading to Rangers - but a war of words between the player’s agent and Gor Mahia saw any move cast into doubt.

But now the defensive midfielder is reportedly heading for Aberdeen, and said: “I read a lot about Rangers but the truth of the matter is that I have been invited by Aberdeen and not Rangers. I have applied for the visa and am just waiting to get it before I travel to Scotland for my trials.” (Various)

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-danny-ings-james-vaughan-to-rangers-celtic-eye-gregory-but-miss-out-on-tshibola-aberdeen-hijack-gers-target-1-4159003#ixzz4C6UNQTIk

Follow us: @TheScotsman on Twitter | TheScotsmanNewspaper on Facebook

Well, you won't want to serve the stereotype regarding African footballers and their agents, but ...

All the noise was coming from him and his agent and now ...

But now the defensive midfielder is reportedly heading for Aberdeen, and said: “I read a lot about Rangers but the truth of the matter is that I have been invited by Aberdeen and not Rangers.

Seriously? Who spoke about Rangers then? And I wouldn't be surprised if he laughs it all off saying: "ach well, that's how we do it, no big deal!"

Reported Rangers target heading for Dons trial

A UGANDAN international reportedly heading for Ibrox will instead be travelling to Pittodrie for a trial.

Khalid Aucho, currently with Kenyan outfit Gor Mahia, had apparently claimed he was heading to Rangers - but a war of words between the player’s agent and Gor Mahia saw any move cast into doubt.

But now the defensive midfielder is reportedly heading for Aberdeen, and said: “I read a lot about Rangers but the truth of the matter is that I have been invited by Aberdeen and not Rangers. I have applied for the visa and am just waiting to get it before I travel to Scotland for my trials.” (Various)

Read more: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rumour-mill-danny-ings-james-vaughan-to-rangers-celtic-eye-gregory-but-miss-out-on-tshibola-aberdeen-hijack-gers-target-1-4159003#ixzz4C6UNQTIk

Follow us: @TheScotsman on Twitter | TheScotsmanNewspaper on Facebook

following this has been hysterical

You do realise that "operating within your means" actually means the WHOLE business, not just the footballing operation ? Ibrox needs some TLC, they have recently laid new 4G inside and outside at MP, they have had to increase administrative staffing levels as they had been raped by the previous encumbents, they have had to start a scouting network from scratch - and this is ignoring that we are still stuck with an awful retail deal.

You are looking at this from merely the playing staff and saying "X players out on Y wages should be able to be replaced with A players on B wages" - it isn't that simple when the previous encumbents had basically cannibalized the whole club.

Where are you getting this 3 million profit figure from ? Based on what exactly ?

You don't need to be the best by outspending everyone else. It doesn't have to work that way, and neither should it. You can be the best by getting the LONG TERM planning right. You may wish to see us spend 2 million each on 2 players for a total of 4 million. Me ? I would prefer we spent a quarter of that and spent the rest on the Club's infrastructure from Academy, to Youth Development to Scouting. A short term approach to the Club is what got us in administration - and the lack of a proper long term vision. I prefer the long term vision every day of the week.

agree with a lot of what you've said but that isn't true

Checking the gallery of pre-season training, I noted that aside from Tom Walsh and Ryan Hardie, there were also youngsters Jordan Thompson, Jack Thomson, Ross and Rory McCrory involved.

http://rangers.co.uk/news/galleries/gallery-pre-season-training/

Was listening to an interview with Ian McColl (Ayr boss) and he couldn't praise Ross McCrorie enough for his professional attitude to the game whilst on loan at Ayr last season. It sounded as though he really meant it opposed to the usual standard throw-away line.