The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

If the deal isn't already done they might want to get it moving because that display against Germany may have attracted attention from elsewhere. If there were ever any questions about his ability at a high level it doesn't get any higher than facing the German machine and emerging with distinction. I just watched Alan Shearer etc give the opinion that it should have been 4 or 5 goals if not for McGovern.

Edited by JFK-1

It's like advertising. You benefit later

It has no benefit whatsoever though. Any player is entitled to dig his heels in and see out his contract, thus ensuring that a player both wont be playing and will also be getting paid for the pleasure.

There is no benefit to that.

It is very easy to say "no pay offs here". And it is just as easy for a player to say "OK, I will ride out my contract then".

It has no benefit whatsoever though. Any player is entitled to dig his heels in and see out his contract, thus ensuring that a player both wont be playing and will also be getting paid for the pleasure.

It is very easy to say "no pay offs here". And it is just as easy for a player to say "OK, I will ride out my contract then".

I would agree with that and we also have to accept that the players must take a different view of it from that of the fans who automatically think any club employee should be doing what is best for the club rather than themselves.

This is the guys livelihood in what is a short term career. He has to do whatever is best for himself and his family both financially and otherwise. Is anyone here going to voluntarily give up money due from an employer they are fully entitled to? I somehwat doubt that.

If they know the choice is a year out or walk away. Some will walk.

It's like refusing to pay ransome.