The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

It may be cheaper to pay him off. Settlements are usually around half of the anticipated earnings to end of contract,

are they not?

Of course, management appear not to rate the player ( and/or feel his salary less than value), and MW, himself,

has stated that he does not want to carry a player who is unlikely to figure in the 1st team. Rejected may become

disaffected, and a pernicious influence of the park; this is a risk he clearly has no wish to take.

Edited by Uilleam

Pay him to go help Dundee utd. I'd rather keep him

Even if it means paying a fraction of the remainder of his contract rather than the whole amount ? And bringing in a replacement on less wages ?

Sounds like cutting your nose off to spite your face to me

Next to no chance of that.

Mutual termination of contract will be as good as we'll get I think.

I'm sure there will be a fee - does he not have another year left on contract???

Any fee is better than us paying to terminate the contract.

Even if it means paying a fraction of the remainder of his contract rather than the whole amount ? And bringing in a replacement on less wages ?

Sounds like cutting your nose off to spite your face to me

Or setting an example for future players.

ie no pay offs here.

Or setting an example for future players.

ie no pay offs here.

TBF this is a signing that heppened before the new board took over!,I'm sure we won't be seeing any deals like this again!

Serious question - when was the last time we earned a transfer fee from the sale of a player? All I can remember over the past four years is the fee from Dundee Utd for Charlie Telfer and even then, that was settled by a tribunal.

... not sure how much of the Macleod transfer money went into the club.

Meanwhile ...

Confirmed: Rangers clinch double deal after breakthrough in talks

21st June, 2016, 11:37 AM

By Alex Stevens

Rangers have struck a deal with Accrington for summer signings Josh Windass and Matt Crooks to train with their new club, it has been announced.

The Scottish giants agreed pre-contracts with the youthful pair in the January transfer window.

But Accrington owner Andy Holt banned his former players from Murray Park after the two clubs failed to agree a compensation figure for the duo.

Accrington revealed on their official Twitter account on Monday that there had been a breakthrough in negotiations, freeing Windass and Crooks to train with their new employers.

compensation fee has been agreed with @RangersFC for @mdrcrooks & @WindassJnr – both are now free to train. Good luck to both lads

— Accrington Stanley (@ASFCofficial) June 20, 2016

Holt lashed out at the Scottish club and said Accrington had written to Rangers informing them of their position while copying in the FA and SFA.

Windass then hit out at his former chairman Holt in an interview with the Sunday Mail, branding him “petty”.

Former Manchester United academy player Crooks is regarded as one of the most promising young players in the Football League on the back of a fine campaign for Stanley.

He was a mainstay of the League Two side in 2015-16, making 35 appearances and scoring a highly creditable eight goals from midfield.

Windass and Crooks are now free to join up with Mark Warburton’s side at the Auchenhowie HQ.

Rangers boss Warburton has made five signings this summer, snapping up midfielders Joey Barton, Jordan Rossiter, Josh Windass and Matt Crooks, as well as defender Clint Hill.

Each of the quintet has transferred from an English club, with headline signing Barton moving from newly-promoted Burnley, while Rossiter has signed from Liverpool.

In other Rangers news, the Ibrox giants have been given a boost as a Championship club respond to their move for a former Everton striker.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/rangers-agree-double-deal-after-breakthrough-in-negotiations-report/