The Summer Transfer Rumour Round-up Thread

The days of us spending £5m plus on players are long gone. For starters we dont have that kind of money to spend on one player anymore and the salaries they now get compared to when we last signed that sort of player have gone thro' the roof.

I'd guess we will be essentially a squad of 4 or 5 experienced players with the rest u25 ish all with sell on values. That's the economic reality we(and the yahoos too) find ourselves in playing in Scottish football today. It is therefore imperative we get a good global scouting system in place and youngsters coming thro good enough to get into the first team.

Not easy I know but unless we can get out of Scottish football that's not about to change

A few people have short memories - all this talk if opening cheque books, big signings - have we learned nothing?

This time last year I would have been content to be promoted then get a top 6 finish this year and I suspect most would have settled for that. Now suddenly it's apparently not good enough unless we're throwing around mega millions we don't have and crafting a team capable of conquering Europe when we aren't even in European competition.

I believe this team is capable of challenging for the title which is a lot better than the top 6 finish I would have settled for this time last year. We have nothing to complain about at this stage. Not a thing. The board and the management have delivered everything they promised and more.

BTW, e.g. Hodson and McGovern are at the Euros. If we are interested in them or someone else there, we won't make any move/interest (public) just now. As for Europeans or continental players ... that talk is all fine and well, but these people also have to be willing to come. Maybe Weiss can get someone hooked, but generally, we are not first choice for many of those who some would like to see us go after.

Does nobody else have any concerns about us basically exclusively filling our squad with lower league English players? They're easily good enough for Scottish football but I'd like to see us being a decent Europa League side - at the very least - in the not too distant future.

At this stage in the process no, two years down the line from now yes.

Does nobody else have any concerns about us basically exclusively filling our squad with lower league English players? They're easily good enough for Scottish football but I'd like to see us being a decent Europa League side - at the very least - in the not too distant future.

Not really, if we can uncover 'gems' from lower divisions, and they don't need to be Vardy level either. While I dislike giving them any credit, there are many other 'Gary Hooper' type players in the lower divisions who just don't get a chance.

Short memories right enough. We spent £1.1m last season.

Nobody wants us to spend out with our means. There should be around £3m give or take profit from the coming year before we even talk board loans. Any signing should be with the expectation of making a return the talk of us losing money or not being able to afford it is just excuses that hold very little weight.

If we don't have any trust in our ability to increase revenue year on year or bring in returns on our expenditure we should just shut the doors. Talk of accepting anything other than being the best in Scotland goes against everything we have ever stood for