Record Back Page

Remember the £30m of his children’s inheritance that he had already set aside for this project when he was standing on Edmiston Drive throwing stones at the windows?

I do, and if he's chucked about £5-10m of that at the club in one year that's fine by me. It seems a little out of kilter to point out that the club should be financially responsible but hey, King should lob money at the club for no reason other than he once said he would.

For example, King has taken to using one particular soundbite which really ought to send a shiver down the spine of these fans. When he talks, as he has done, about ‘enemies of Rangers’ it all sounds frighteningly familiar.

For good reason, I would suggest. While I would prefer a pro-active PR machine of building relationships with non-Premiership clubs you'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to have spotted people who detest Rangers over the last few years, and they are most certainly not confined to the terraces.

Really, clutching at straws here.

I didn't see any fair points - out of the three main ones he made.

Dave King said he'd spend £30m, he did not say he'd spend it in the first or second year. KJ's take on that shows a complete lack of intelligence. He can ask that question in three or four years time. It does not HAVE to be asked now.

When talking about our enemies, it's not mere sound-bites, our whole situation and the way we have been constantly been treated is a testament to that. It's a clear fact, that all Rangers fans can see, but those doing the kicking constantly saying it's not happening or it's just our own fault. We need acknowledgement that the board's eyes are open on this. KJ is disingenuous here as he knows what has gone on and is still going on - but he's doing the Tom English thing where the latter tried to assert that the BBC was "accurate" in its reporting. Lies and propaganda.

Lastly, King might at the time think that Rangers wages need trebled to compete properly, but this is a fluid situation and it's been shown that with a good manager against a weak one, less is needed. However, I have no doubt that within a few years we will have trebled our wage bill, but also in no doubt it won't happen in one season. We have to bring in income streams to pay for it first and that will not happen overnight in our first season back in the top flight. It needs to ramp up more naturally, just like any business.

KJ again shows a lack of self awareness in his own piece by preaching that we can't go down the road of spending out-with our means and then totally contradicts himself here to make an erroneous point.

To me it's very dumb piece that is purely there to give certain readers a bone to gnaw at after more cowering headlines about them making a dog's dinner of the season.

It seems to me that DK is delivering the goods with aplomb - some of it ahead of schedule, and in that context I really can't grumble about how much money he's spent on doing it so far.

Sit down, think up a headline grabbing story and expect everyone to think that inside information is being used total crap.

Personally I think most of us on this forum could write an article like that but we would not be earning his type of money,so just treat it as it is.

Sit down, think up a headline grabbing story and expect everyone to think that inside information is being used total crap.

Personally I think most of us on this forum could write an article like that but we would not be earning his type of money,so just treat it as it is.

You could turn it into a preview for tomorrow's game.:whistle:::D

Typical re-hash with nothing new on controversial topic already squeezed to death by same usual suspects around the January transfer window.

Tabloids, which are increasingly like comics (especially online) prioritise the commercial angle which tends to be any type of perceived controversy, scandal or crisis surrounding Rangers or Celtic. At present there is no news as such to support such a story so Jackson stirs the leftovers by airing his 'opinion'. An opinion that dovetails with commercial needs rather than look at the situation at Rangers taken as a whole. The latter would entail a lot of work and generally be considered too 'highbrow' for the readership.

That isn't to say so-called 'broadsheets' are much better and much of the time behave like the new tabloids.

The majority of the media in this country only contribute in keeping Scottish football a 'low quality enviroment'.

Jackson and the DR did a lot of good whilst we were under sp1v control but it was mostly handed on a plate to them, required little journalism and met the commercial criteria. When it comes to actual journalism and bringing something new and interesting to the table, they aren't at the races and don't even attempt it.

So expect the same tired old lines about warchest and promises during the summer.

Meanwhile we'll be doing our business in a way that looks for value and to make the club sustainable.

----------------------------

We all know DK has a tendency on certain matters to say that little bit extra and exaggerate but we also know he has been an important part of a spectacular overhaul in the clubs fortunes in the last 14 months. The latter is far more important and gives us a secure base from which to go forward onto the next stage.

There is no way King or anybody else is going to throw more cash than is required at Rangers until the criminal trial and all ownership disputes/fantasies have been cleared up. Imo, the fans will fund Rangers next season with our top guys filling in any shortages in funding. I'd expect the next season to see more money be available.

The most glaring omission from the article is....How much has DK already put in???

Most articles like this tend to assume that the £30m that King spoke of was to fund players. However, DK never specified how it was to be spent....he also DID specify that it would be over a 3-5 year period - not all at once, which again the article is hinting at.

How much has been spent by all investors - I know it's quite a bit? There's the Ashley loan for starters and we've had losses to absorb as well as loans for cash flow. There's the stadium work and other expenses too. £10m? I haven't been keeping count.

Whatever he's spent so far, it seems like the perfect Goldylocks amount - not too much, not too little. Exactly what we need. We will need money each year for at least a few years and that's optimistic, so why would a sane person spend it all now?