Apology obtained from Scottish Daily Express

Today, an Express column written by satirist Scot Hickey referred to Rangers fans as 'huns'. Unacceptable I'm sure you'll agree. This bear took a few mins to write to the journalist and editor (who I know) and got a prompt apology.

Hickey will also apologise in tomorrow's paper apparently.

Just goes to show we don't need to accept being villified by the press one day then made fun of in the same way the next.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your communication about the Hickey column. This is a light-hearted column which satirically pokes fun at individuals and organisations. However, it is not the intention of the column or this newspaper to insult or anger anyone.

Please accept my sincere apologies if you feel angry or insulted by today's column. I think you will find Hickey will make his own apology in tomorrow's column.

Once again, thank you for your interest in the Scottish Daily Express.

Just for the record, I am a Falkirk season ticket holder, so have no axe to grind with either side of the Old Firm!

Best regards,

H.

David Hamilton,

Executive Editor,

Scottish Express Newspapers,

Citypoint 2,

25 Tyndrum Street,

Glasgow, G4 OJY.

McNee wrote a rather sheepish column at the weekend. No direct apology but he did admit he was wrong in his own inimitable way.

Not to mention a last warning from the club for him and his newspaper.

:)

McNee wrote a rather sheepish column at the weekend. No direct apology but he did admit he was wrong in his own inimitable way.

Not to mention a last warning from the club for him and his newspaper.

:)

Glad to see the club taking a stance against that vermin McNee !!

I think a last warning is the right thing to do - however, I also think that the club should, if they havent already done so, publicly state that they have placed both he and his rag on a last warning - that way when he inevitably does err again everyone knows he should be booted and there really can be no vilification of the club for taking a stance.

If it isn't publicly known and we DO kick him out of Ibroc you can already imagine the inches he will give to kicking our great club once more - and with no real need to sit on the fence.

If it was up to me id be taking a much tougher stance on the media. Id be cutting down the amount of warnings. Its obvious Mcnee will strike again, he has been doing in since 1994 (the first i remember him commentating) so he will do it again in the future - and then once again he will receive a final warning.

I think its about time we made an example of one of them by banning them from Ibrox to show we mean business and we wont tolerate lies which tarnish the club.

We arent there to give a service to them, its us that keep them in a job!! Rangers are there for the fans as a football team.

I agree with Craig, if the club has given Mcnee a final warning it should go public on it.

Well done Frankie, shows some papers do care about their reputation and the public's perception of their journalism.

Agree with the rest, the least the club can do is publicly state its a last warning. personally though I think that we shoudl have said enough is enough and banned McNee for his latest ill thought attack.

So do those of us who advocate a 'dignified silence' to these reptiles still think its the correct way to deal with them?

Well done Frankie, the RST and the 100's of Bears who take these tossers to task when they write drival about us, our fans, our culture and the club we love.

Cammy F

Well done Frankie, Newspapers also have to have a straight line. They can't handle us with a hard hand for things we do and say, but if they do the same it falls under satire. No, they have made the borders they have to stick to them themselves.

And here is the so-called apology. Anyone else sense a wee bit of sarcasm in the article?

Oh dear, I appear to have upset several hunderd people today with my reference to huns. Being completely unaware of the rules of Association Football, let alone the jolly names in with which teams tease each other, I hope my simple apology to those upset will be taken in the spirit it is meant. As a fellow who fought the real Hun with great distinction, perhaps I should have known better. I wonder what they call Accrington Stanley fans?