That is totally unfair as it was decades later that Saville was found out. Surely you are not suggesting jock Stein knew that back then.. I don't mind seeking the truth but it has to be on a fair basis.

Sick vandals mock Ibrox disaster with graffiti at the stadium

10 hrs ago / Stacey Mullen, Reporter / @journostacey

FURIOUS football fans have hit out at sick vandals who have mocked the 66 victims of the Ibrox disaster.

Rangers fan group Ibrox Loyal shared an image of the vandalism on the social media website Facebook.

The image showed graffiti sprayed at the stairs of the Copland Road entrance to Ibrox stadium.

The post said: “The stairs at the Copland Road have been vandalised this evening. This is just wrong. Vile stuff.”

It is understood the incident happened on Monday.

The Ibrox disaster claimed 66 lives on January 2, 1971 when fans were crushed on stairway 13 of the stadium at the end of an Old Firm game.

The sick message “Haha 66” was condemned by football fans who spoke of their disgust at the vandalism.

The incident comes in the wake of the Hillsborough disaster inquest last week which concluded that the 96 Liverpool fans who died were unlawfully killed.

Andrew Imrie said: “Absolutely disgusting. Mindless idiot not understanding the pain folk went through.

"This goes past banter, and is just sick and twisted.”

George McGhee added: “Somebody knows who did this, they are not supporters of anyone, out them now and have them face their disgusting shame.”

Laura Thomson said: “Just shows you the difference between Liverpool and Glasgow where a city came together last week to respect innocent people who lost their lives so tragically.”

Danielle Carrigan Mcphee added: "Sickening to see. My grandfather's brother was one of the 66.

"People should be ashamed of themselves."

John Anderson said: "Wrong. What kind of society are we living in? RIP 66."

Rangers Football Club said they were disgusted by the act and they confirmed that they would remove the vandalism.

The club have also reported the incident to the police.

A spokesman for Rangers FC said: “The Club is disgusted and disappointed that individuals would tarnish the memory of the 66 football fans who lost their lives in the Ibrox disaster.

“This incident has been reported to Police Scotland and the offending material has been removed.

“The Club is currently reviewing CCTV footage and will assist Police Scotland with their enquiries.”

Police confirmed that they are investigating the incident.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: “We can confirm we have received a complaint and enquiries are ongoing.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/14467306.Sick_vandals_mock_Ibrox_disaster_with_graffiti_at_the_stadium/

Plod have got as much chance off finding the scum that did this as they did with the wee lad that got bottled before the tim game , but sing the Billy Boys and your door gets kicked in at 5 in the morning

I would have thought that in and around the stadium there would be plenty of cctv seems to be plenty when you go I miles over the speed limit at 2 in the morning

It is not about them it is about the victims that is the difference. We can't talk about the victims in our case but forget them in their case.

I think one thing I really disagree with your here is the fundamental part where we actually sympathise with their victims - they openly laugh at ours. We say what happened with them was a terrible thing, they think ours was a good thing.

It's pretty much white against black at that level and I don't see how they can be equated.

In a nutshell

2qnpedz.png

This story has had decent exposure, Stacey Mullen(no stranger to vile sectarian expression ; see the expose of her social media comments a decade past when her moniker was, 'Showbiz Stacey') has illicited quotes from various Bears. Where are the quotes of condemnation and promises of appropriate action to be taken by the MP, MEP, MSP, and Councilors representing Ibrox?